Connection Issues

Tyler Hoyer

Oct 14, 2017, 5:13:45 AM10/14/17
to ShiftEdit - Web based IDE
Hi there!

I love what I see, and am about ready to purchase, but I'm I'm having some problems with key functionalities. I can load files from google drive and my computer, but I can't save them to GDriveLimited. In addition, I discovered that the chat feature doesn't work for me either. When I click the button on the top bar, it opens a chat window in the bottom right but doesn't display any text and doesn't allow me to enter any text. Do you know what could cause this? I'm able to browse websites and use the internet right now without any other issues. I'm using Chrome on a ASUS laptop on a wireless connection away from home.

Tyler Hoyer

Oct 14, 2017, 5:13:46 AM10/14/17
to ShiftEdit - Web based IDE
Hi there,

I'm about ready to purchase because I like what I see, but I'm having issues with some key features. I can upload and open files in my google drive, but for some reason I can't save any open files. I get the notification saying that it is connecting, then that it is saving (which is where it gets stuck). In addition, when I tried to use the chat feature in the upper right hand corner, the chat window would pop up but be unusable. I can't type any text in it and it doesn't show any text. Do you know what could be causing these issues? I'm using Chrome on a ASUS laptop on wifi.

Thanks,
Tyler
Screenshot (1).png

Adam Jimenez

Oct 17, 2017, 9:21:39 AM10/17/17
to shiftedit
Hi,

Do you get an error at all when you are saving to Drive?
The chat panel is used in collaborative mode. It becomes active when you have shared a project and your other collaborators are online.

On 14 October 2017 at 00:45, Tyler Hoyer <tylerric...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi there!

I love what I see, and am about ready to purchase, but I'm I'm having some problems with key functionalities. I can load files from google drive and my computer, but I can't save them to GDriveLimited. In addition, I discovered that the chat feature doesn't work for me either. When I click the button on the top bar, it opens a chat window in the bottom right but doesn't display any text and doesn't allow me to enter any text. Do you know what could cause this? I'm able to browse websites and use the internet right now without any other issues. I'm using Chrome on a ASUS laptop on a wireless connection away from home.

Best regards,
Adam Jimenez

Joel Thoman

Adam Jimenez

Dec 11, 2017, 12:09:04 PM12/11/17
to shiftedit
working ok here, check if there are any errors in chrome's js console ctrl-shift-j

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/shiftedit.

Joel Thoman

Dec 11, 2017, 12:25:27 PM12/11/17
to ShiftEdit - Web based IDE
I am seeing this in the js console:

There is also a GET version of that as well.  I am using the latest version of Chrome.

Adam Jimenez

Dec 11, 2017, 12:37:52 PM12/11/17
to shiftedit
Could try disconnecting and adding again.
To disconnect - go into Google drive -> settings -> manage apps -> disconnect shiftedit.

Then add the site again..

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/shiftedit.

Joel Thoman

Dec 11, 2017, 12:43:03 PM12/11/17
to ShiftEdit - Web based IDE
I did that, and the problem persists.

Joel Thoman

Dec 11, 2017, 12:51:07 PM12/11/17
to ShiftEdit - Web based IDE
So it can add the site to list, and indicates that it has connected.  However if I try to list the files from the sidebar, or try to save a file, it just does nothing and I see that message in the js console.