Update Issues

David Duffy

Mar 21, 2018, 9:49:33 AM3/21/18
to ShiftEdit - Web based IDE
Hey Adam,

Thanks again for the tool, I really do love it, but am wondering about a couple of the changes.

There used to be the ability to get to phpMyAdmin from the tree panel, is this completely gone or am I just having trouble finding it?

Also, when there is a code error, the main window jumps up and down. When the program checks for syntax errors, there is a bar up top that says 'no syntax errors' and then that bar changes to display there is such and such an error on such and such a line, however, once that is no longer an issue, the bar disappears, and then all of your code screen moves around. The issue for this is that since when you start typing a line of code it is initially flagged as an error, but then is fixed by the time you are done typing. Is it possible to restore the behaviour previously so that there isn't that bouncing?

If you need more clarification, do let me know.

Thanks!
Dave

Adam Jimenez

Mar 21, 2018, 10:05:37 AM3/21/18
to shiftedit
Hi Dave,

These changes are on the dev branch. Thanks for your feedback, it is very valuable before going live.
As you will have seen I've changed the site dropdown and removed the site menu for simplicity.
I've moved the phpmyadmin button to the new tab page under tools, it's now called database.

I changed the syntax error bar today, I will looking into the bouncing issue.

Best regards,
Adam Jimenez

Adam Jimenez

Mar 21, 2018, 10:17:54 AM3/21/18
to shiftedit
I'm going to try an update that starts with the status bar hidden, but after it appears once it won't disappear.

David Duffy

Mar 21, 2018, 10:53:41 AM3/21/18
to ShiftEdit - Web based IDE
You're the best!

David Duffy

Mar 21, 2018, 11:27:57 AM3/21/18
to ShiftEdit - Web based IDE
Thanks for fixing the bouncing! I was able to find the database link. I appreciate your quick attention to this!

Adam Jimenez

Mar 21, 2018, 12:24:35 PM3/21/18
to shiftedit
I'm adding the database link to the site context menu as well.