Fwd: New information on Desire2Learn Valence (RESTful Web Services)

Keith Hazelton

Mar 15, 2012, 12:06:17 PM3/15/12
to Shib Users, Scott Fullerton
Has anyone looked at this Desire2Learn AuthN framework.  Looks scary to me.   --Keith

Scott: you may be interested particularly in this section on Auth: <http://docs.valence.desire2learn.com/basic/auth.html>
___________
Begin forwarded message:

From: Scott Fullerton <scott.f...@doit.wisc.edu>
Subject: Fwd: New information on Desire2Learn Valence (RESTful Web Services)
Date: March 15, 2012 10:30:07 CDT
To: Keith Hazelton <haze...@doit.wisc.edu>

Interesting.

Begin forwarded message:

From: Dan Voeks <dan....@doit.wisc.edu>
Date: March 15, 2012 9:53:49 AM CDT
To: Scott Fullerton <scott.f...@doit.wisc.edu>, JEFFREY D BOHRER <jbo...@doit.wisc.edu>, Brad Leege <le...@doit.wisc.edu>, CHRISTIE L LALANDE <clal...@doit.wisc.edu>, Catarino D Delgado <delg...@uww.edu>, John Thomson <jctho...@doit.wisc.edu>
Cc: Andy Speth <andy....@doit.wisc.edu>, Diane Landry <diane....@doit.wisc.edu>, Peter Mann <peter...@doit.wisc.edu>

All --

I shared information (<http://code.google.com/p/desire2learn-valence/>) with some of you last fall about Desire2Learn's new RESTful Web Services API (Valence), which replaces the older deprecated SOAP API (D2LWS 1.0).

Desire2Learn has released new documentation on this that you may be interested in exploring:

<http://docs.valence.desire2learn.com/index.html>

Scott: you may be interested particularly in this section on Auth: <http://docs.valence.desire2learn.com/basic/auth.html>

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Dan

--
Dan Voeks
Technical Team Lead, Academic Systems

Keith Hazelton

Mar 15, 2012, 12:11:48 PM3/15/12
to Shib Users
FYI.

Begin forwarded message:

From: Scott Fullerton <sfull...@wisc.edu>
Date: March 15, 2012 11:08:57 CDT
To: Keith Hazelton <haze...@doit.wisc.edu>

I just did today, and yes to me too.   From what I can tell, the user is asked to authenticate to the app -- and this is supposed to be a virtue.    I don't have much context yet.  I want to find out from Dan how this is being marketed.
-- srf