Re: Shibboleth IDP SLO Support

Paul Hethmon

Mar 22, 2012, 5:25:23 PM3/22/12
to Shibboleth Users
Shibboleth IdP does not support SLO.

There is a fork maintained in Hungary that adds that support, but all of
the issues raised in the Shibboleth wiki apply.

Paul

On 3/22/12 5:10 PM, "Vishal K. Gandhi" <vga...@fdu.edu> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am not much experienced in configuring Shibboleth IDP and SP, but I
>managed to configure a test IDP and SP servers. SSO appears to work
>fine and I am currently looking for ways to implement Single Logout
>(SLO). Can someone provide me some sort of reference link or basic
>example which can help me in learning how to implement this.
>
>I referred to link
>https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/SHIB2/SLOIssues
>But, not sure if that's updated and SLO is supported by which versions
>of Shibboleth IDP?
>
>I'll really appreciate any help and guidance on this topic.
>
>Thanks.
>

>-- Vishal Gandhi --

Vishal K. Gandhi

Mar 22, 2012, 5:30:39 PM3/22/12
to Shib Users
Thanks, Paul.

-- Vishal Gandhi --

Peter Schober

Mar 22, 2012, 6:40:55 PM3/22/12
to us...@shibboleth.net
* Vishal K. Gandhi <vga...@fdu.edu> [2012-03-22 22:10]:

> I referred to link
> https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/SHIB2/SLOIssues
> But, not sure if that's updated and SLO is supported by which versions
> of Shibboleth IDP?

The project is always open for suggestions, if you feel the current
warning at the top of that page isn't clear enough:

(!) The Shibboleth 2 IdP does not support SLO. Period.
Don't bother looking. [...]

If you assume all documentation is wrong and outdated how did you
manage to successfully install and configura any of Shibboleth's
components?
-peter