My own cases

Nicolas Rives

Mar 1, 2021, 2:47:54 PM3/1/21
to Sherlock Mysteries
Hey there,
First of all, sorry for my english, I'm French, and not 100% fluent !

I've made 3 cases on my own last year, they've been tested 4 times each, and reajusted, and I would love to have your opinion, maybe you'll find them interesting enough to add them on your Android version of SHCD !

The only problem is that my cases are in French, and it's a tedious work to translate 20 pages haha.
Do you speak French or not ? Maybe i can try to translate though

Ilya Platonov

Mar 1, 2021, 3:42:57 PM3/1/21
to Nicolas Rives, Sherlock Mysteries
Hello Nicolas,

Sorry I do not speak French :)

I would love to expand game with new cases, but it will require putting some work into it:
1) Case can not use SHCD Directory, everyone, except Sherlock Holmes Canon characters need to be renamed
2) Chapters need to be in Google Docs, see https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TZr0FuXMUH0FVog3AhY4isF7Fx-AQIckTW3lBnFjsJg/edit as an example
3) Clues/Directory/etc goes into Google Spreadsheet format, see https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19RWz34UuYsNOM93LvWcU5_vpiufLO5r-mFWBYHTJ7Ak/edit#gid=0
4) It is good to find some images for chapters and clues.
5) Cases need to be narrated (I can ask Daniel Klien to do it)

You can also checkout existing cases here https://github.com/realill/sherlock-mysteries-cases

Right now I am focusing on my day-time job and I do not have much free time, but maybe you can team-up with someone in this Google Group or https://boardgamegeek.com/forums/thing/2511/sherlock-holmes-consulting-detective-thames-murder. From my side I can help put it together, do some testing and publish it.

Also releasing French version of the game is also possible given it has The Man Who Died Twice case translated and at least a few more French cases. Plus someone need to translate all the text assets ;)

Daniel Klein

Jan 19, 2022, 10:55:42 AM1/19/22
to Sherlock Mysteries
Nicholas, I have been slow to discover this group :-)  But I'd be happy to narrate the cases!
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted