Sherefe at Caffé Sole This Thurs. 10/24!, Boulder Balkan Bash 11/2, Glendi 12/4

James Hoskins

Oct 20, 2019, 2:54:22 PM10/20/19
to Sherefe
First up, Sherefe THIS Thursday 10/24 at Caffé Sole

That’s right, it’s a Thursday night this time - harkening back to our many years of 3rd Thursdays there.
This will be your ONLY CHANCE left this year to enjoy Sherefe at our favorite local Boulder establishment…!!

EXTRA EXTRA: Guest-Star-of-Honor Beth Quist will be singing and playing with us!

Come join us for dinner with fine wine/beer, and dance the night away to the sounds/beats of exciting and fun Greek, Arabic, Turkish, and Balkan music and dancing (of MANY, not just traditional styles!)

We know y'all appreciate us. The feeling's mutual. Let the venue know by having dinner, and enjoying their very fine beverage options!
We so very much wish to continue growing this community!

We'll have space cleared for dancing, Opa!!

No Cover Charge. $12 suggested donation in the tip jar to pay the band gratefully accepted.

Featuring:
Jesse Manno on oud, saz, bouzouki, laouto, oud, vocals;
James Hoskins on cello, gadulka, bouzouki, vocals;
Brett Bowen on doumbeks, frame drums, and tupan;
Julie Lancaster on vocals and accordion;
Beth Quist on vocals, Hammered Dulcimer, and percussion

And, the "Boulder Balkan Bash" with many members of Sherefe performing:

Nov. 2: 2019 Boulder Balkan Bash

Boulder Balkan Bash

Saturday, November 2
5:30-11:00pm
Avalon Ballroom, 6185 Arapahoe Rd, Boulder, CO 80303
Tickets are $28, with discounts for early purchase, students, seniors and children.

This is the Balkan music and dance event of the year in this region! Balkan and Eastern European folk dance party with live music by SIX hot local bands, plus hors-d'oeuvres potluck. Not a dancer? Not a problem. There's plenty of room to sit and watch if you prefer.

The bands are: Barbelfish (Balkan dance music, especially from Albania, Bulgaria, Greece and Macedonia), The Bitōvniks (traditional Bulgarian village instruments), Gora Gora Orkestar (brass band powerhouse), Klezmerize(Bulgarian wedding-style ensemble), Planina - Songs of Eastern Europe(dance music with vocals from many different countries), and Sherefe (playing Greek, Turkish and Balkan dance music on this occasion). Sequence of bands will be announced soon.

Buying tickets in advance helps us plan. And start thinking about what you're going to bring for potluck snacks. With 5+ hours of playing, listening and dancing, we're going to need fuel!

Box Office
Facebook Event

And Save the Date for the next “Glendi at the Avalon” in Boulder:
Wed. 12/4

We start with a potluck at 6, then dance to live Greek +… music until 9 or 9:30.
The band is fantastic, featuring members of Sherefe, and often other guest artists.

Free dance lessons for the traditional dances, or just come do free form; there is plenty of room.

This is the last one we have scheduled for this year, so don’t miss it!
Hope to see you there