Fwd: Jesse Manno, Saturday + new!  Ken Bernstein CD Release, Thursday

Jesse J Manno

Oct 2, 2020, 4:57:07 PM10/2/20
to Katie Elliott, Sheldon Sands, Kathleen Sands, dnce-gradstudents (Meg Madorin), dnce-...@lists.colorado.edu, she...@googlegroups.com, Erika Anne Randall, Lauren Beale, Brooke McNamara, Cortney McGuire, al...@turningthewheel.org, Delphine Lulu, Merlyn Holmes, Diane Montgomery, Sarah Manno, Jenna Woods, Michael Stanwood, Nancy Smith FF, Holly Lewis, Laurie Clark, Khiri Lee, Nina Endler, Juliette Leon Bartsch, Toby Hankin, korkut Onaran, Jenny Frank
I’ll be set up and playing 4-5:30 pm tomorrow at Holiday park in North Boulder for your dancing and listening pleasure (rain date sunday).  It’ll be an improvisational jam with little or no facilitation, part of a series of great arts events presented by Creativity Alive. I’ll be reading dance, not music :-)
Details below. Please spread the last minute word to your peeps. Thanks!
-Jesse

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Merlyn | Creativity Alive" <con...@CreativityAlive.org>
Subject: Jesse Manno, Saturday + new!  Ken Bernstein CD Release, Thursday
Date: October 2, 2020 at 2:18:40 PM MDT
To: "Jesse Manno" <ma...@colorado.edu>

JESSE MANNO, SATURDAY
+ NEW!  KEN BERNSTEIN CD RELEASE, THURSDAY
"MUSIC, DANCE, ART IN THE PARK" series
WITH CREATIVITY ALIVE
Well, we are on a roll for sure.  Thank you all, thank you for sharing one splendid event after another with us.  Each of these events in the "Music, Dance, Art in the Park with Creativity Alive" series is working to bring people together to do the things we love and further strengthen our social connections, while maintaining whatever physical distance is necessary to ensure everyone in our beloved community remains safe.

Over the next 8 days we have 3 wonderful events.  Please join us!
  1. Jesse Manno, dance-accompaniest extraordinare, Saturday Oct 3, 4-5:30 pm
  2. new!  "Passage" CD Release Concert with Ken Bernstein, Thursday Oct 8, 5:30-6:30 pm
  3. Scott Bears & Noah Rouse Wilson IV, Saturday Oct 10, Music & Movement Meditation, 4-5:30 pm
See details below, for these events and others coming up, and join us if you possibly can. As the weather becomes increasingly Fall-like, I'd encourage you to don that extra layer and take the weather on as a wardrobe challenge.  This is the year.
    Take in these memories, into our bodies and minds, so that we can easily recall them in deepest, darkest winter and let them inspire us to move into what's next.
    Mmmmwhah! to you all,
    Merlyn
    Founder and Vision-Keeper for Creativity Alive
Saturday, Oct. 3 | Jesse Manno
Come dance!  Multi-instrumentalist and dance accompanist extraordinaire, Jesse Manno, is Music Director of the University of Colorado, Boulder Dance Program and co-founder/director of the Rocky Mountain region's busiest (before the pandemic) Balkan/Middle Eastern ensemble Sherefe. He has been improvising, composing and performing music professionally since 1982 and has fulfilled over 200 commissions for original scores.
     Come and out and dance!  We'll have various tools and techniques to help with keeping the necessary >6-feet physical distances during this pandemic. Bring your masks as well though. | 4-5:30 pm

Smoke or No Smoke: We do plan to hold this regardless of the smoke levels. By all means, do what you need to do to take care of yourselves. We're glad that many masks can be helpful in terms of air pollution too.
new! Thursday, Oct 8 (rain date Oct 9)
| Ken Bernstein CD release concert back on track for "Passage," Ken's first kirtan album, crafted over 5 years. The original concert, slated for March 13, was one of the first COVID-19 cancellations.  We can't let Ken go into the winter without honoring him and celebrating this accomplishment.
Ken will play songs from his new CD and other new material he has written both in English and Sanskrit that reflect his journey through some challenging times. Special dance performance byMerlyn Holmes and Hyla Viorst.
    Donations of $15 or more includes a CD. | 5:30-6:30 pm
Saturday, Oct. 10 (rain date Oct 11) | Music & Movement Meditation Noah Rouse Wilson IV and Scott Bears on delruba, ngoni, guitar, oud, and vocals and Merlyn in the dance | 4-5:30 pm tentative. Will confirm with the weather. Stay tuned to this newsletter.
Saturday, Oct. 17 (rain date Oct 18) | Brian Mullins & James Hoskins on erhu, cello, cajon, gadulka, drums, bird calls, and a fine miscellany of other, wondrous instruments, with Merlyn in the dance | 4-5:30 tentative. Will confirm with the weather.
  • Saturday, Oct 24 (rain date Oct 25) Something wondrous TBA
  • Halloween!  Oct 31  What do you think?  Shall we have a masked ball? A music and dance parade?  Ideas & volunteers so welcome. Contact Merlyn >>
Info for all events:
Location
Holiday Park: 14th St. x Yaupon Ave. in north Boulder, CO

Suggested donation: $15-$30
Your generosity is soo appreciated.  As you can well imagine, we've taken quite a hit this year and had to cancel all our classes, workshops, performances, events and festivals through the end of the year.  While these few gatherings in the parks while the weather is good are designed to provide nourishment to all of us to help us sustain through the "pandemic winter," they also need to provide some kind of living for us / help put food on the table.  To keep Creativity Alive afloat and able to continue offering things like these, we have our Mmmwhahsome musicians to pay, and the founder, dancer and creative spirit behind all these offerings, Merlyn (and her son) to support.  Consider what value these are to you during these times, what a treat they are, and please give accordingly - at each event OR at any time:
Donation options
But don't let money stop you! Join us and donate what you can.

Volunteer! Creativity Alive thrives on the strengths of its community. Please volunteer and join us to keep creativity alive. Contact Merlyn >>

Please pee prior:  No bathrooms available

Bring: Picnic blankets/chairs/yoga mats, water, umbrellas, long scarves, donations, art supplies - and your creative self! Feel free to bring a picnic or pick up food from Proto's Pizza or Bacco Trattoria, local favs just down the street.

Safety:
To keep every member of our beloved community safe
  • Prior to each event, please do a full wellness check and confirm you can adhere to our Safety Agreement.
  • We'll provide a thermometer and hand sanitizer on site for your use.
  • Masks required for any distances under 6 feet with those outside your intimate circle.  Luxuriate in spaciousness.

Isn't this a fabulous lineup?  Yes, we will find the ways to do the things we love annnd to create even stronger social connections while maintaining safe physical distances throughout this pandemic.
     'Glad you're on this journey with us to:

Inspire Creativity & Build Community
One-on-Ones:
Cultivating your creativity
Founder of Creativity Alive, Merlyn Holmes is available for one-on-one or very small group Creative Living Embodied Arts Training (CLEAT) sessions with individuals who wish to find their way back into, or more deeply into, their creative flow as a way of navigating these times we are in. Please contact Merlyn to discuss >>
Photo of Merlyn by David Silver at our  2019 Mmmwhah! to Flagstaff event.
Created with‌ ‌ Love it?‌ Discover more

Jesse Manno
ma...@colorado.edu
mobile: 303-819-5420
Senior Instructor/Music Director, Dance Program
University Of Colorado, Boulder
Traditional Territories of the Arapaho, Cheyenne, and Ute Nations