Glendi: still happening Saturday Jan 22

Jean Hertzberg

Jan 9, 2022, 11:34:11 PM1/9/22
to she...@googlegroups.com, BIFD

We'll have a sort of Glendi to celebrate the No-I-Really-Have-Turned-90 Hasapiko Master Arnie Guminski. We'll have a potluck at 6 pm, and then the band will play 7- 9 pm. Since there will be a bit of Turkish music along with our Greek favorites we'll call the band Sherefe: it will have our beloved musicians: James Hoskins, Julie Lancaster, Brett Bowen, Dexter Payne and Jesse Manno. Donations welcome as always.

Yes, we know that these are uncertain times with tragedies all around, but we are still planning to have this event, live and in-person. We need joy and community now more than ever. There will be plenty of ventilated space, so come and enjoy the music, dance if you want (with or without holding hands), talk to friends, and pump up the kefi!

THERE ARE NEW COVID POLICIES at the Avalon:

Especially note that the Avalon remains a “vaccinated only” venue, and we now require vaccinations less than 6 months old or a booster.

Also, N95 masks are strongly encouraged. They are hard to dance in so we recommend adding a powered HEPA filter like this or this.

I hope to see you there!

Biz