Sherefe shows in May!

Jean Hertzberg

May 2, 2022, 7:52:28 PM5/2/22
to she...@googlegroups.com, bould...@googlegroups.com

Hi folks! There are three Sherefe shows in May! They happen to be mostly Greek but there are more events coming in June.

First, a Glendi on Saturday May 7 to celebrate the I-Really-Have-Turned-90 Hasapiko Master Arnie Guminski. His birthday was in January but we weren't able to celebrate properly. Now we can! Food, music, dancing; take your pick, as much or as little as you like. There is plenty of space in the Avalon Ballroom; you can recline on couches, sit at tables, dance traditional Greek dances with the group (Arnie will lead a lot) or groove on your own.

We'll have a potluck at 6 pm, and then the band will play 7- 9 pm. We will have our beloved musicians: James Hoskins, Julie Lancaster, Brett Bowen, Dexter Payne and Jesse Manno, and maybe a guest artist. Donations welcome as always.

We've been keeping an eye on Covid rates; Boulder County is up a little, but still pretty low. Avalon requires full vaccination but no boosters. We encourage masks (I'll be wearing one to dance) and boosters. The space is well ventilated, with plenty of room to spread out.

Just four days later, on Wednesday May 11, Sherefe will kick off the new World Music Wednesdays series at the Prickly Pear Tavern in Lyons: 160 East Main Street. 6:30 to 9 pm, music at 7. We haven't been there - it's new- but they are planning a family meal with food-music pairings. There will be room to dance. No cover charge, but tips are encouraged, and please support this new venue!

And then on Saturday May 14 in the morning, James Hoskins and Julie Lancaster will play Greek music at the Niwot Market, as part of the Niwot Around the World Celebration. 7980 Niwot Road, from 9:30 AM to noon.

I hope to see you at all these events!

Biz