Sherefe Garden Party this Sat. Sept. 12th Reminder: RSVP Required!

James Hoskins

Sep 9, 2020, 7:52:22 PM9/9/20
to Sherefe
Hi Everyone,
The Reservations are filling up, and I wanted to remind everyone that an RSVP is necessary before the show!

We are thrilled to be presenting a full-length show finally this “Summer” (In quotes since we just had a snow storm!…).
Info below:

Sherefe is excited to announce that we will present a socially distanced garden party concert in Halina Palmer’s back yard (near Bluebell Ave. and Broadway in Boulder) on Sat., Sept. 12, at 5:00 p.m. Suggested donation $15-25. Attendance is by RSVP only!

There are separate ways into and out of the back yard to avoid crossing paths, and a similar scheme for the snack area. Use masks when coming and going and to use the restroom through an outside door. Bring your own beverages and glasses; if you want to bring potluck snacks please choose something that needs little handling.

Halina has chairs for 15 people and adequate space to socially distance 30 people. If you think you will be able to attend, please contact Jim Schwartzkopff (303-329-6242venture...@gmail.com) and let him know (1) how many people you will be bringing to sit with you in your “pod,” and (2) whether you can bring your own chairs or lawn blankets, or want to use the chairs already there. Jim will give you the exact address upon reservation.

Seating is around the perimeter of the yard and there will be some room in the center (grass and flagstone) for dancing. We will play plenty of dance music that doesn’t require holding hands; bring scarves to maintain space between dancers for the dances that do normally involve a handhold; and of course all of our music is good for just listening!

Although we’ve been rehearsing all summer and have had two livestream performances--one of which is still available to watch at this link--this is Sherefe’s first opportunity to play for people in person, and the other groups we play in have been similarly hampered from performing. Please keep that in mind as you decide on the amount you will donate for this lovely concert opportunity. Thank you!

The band will be:
Jesse Manno on bouzouki, baglama, oud, laouto, vocals, and percussion
James Hoskins on cello, gadulka, bouzouki, and vocals
Julie Lancaster on accordion, spoons, and vocals
Dexter Payne on clarinets, sax, and nay
Brett Bowen on doumbeks and tapan