Glendi in the Backyard Saturday April 17

Jean Hertzberg

Mar 31, 2021, 10:39:51 PM3/31/21
to she...@googlegroups.com, bould...@googlegroups.com

It’s finally getting warmer. Glendi in the Backyard will be a socially distanced garden party concert in Halina Palmer’s back yard (near Bluebell Ave. and Broadway in Boulder) on Sat., April 17, 2 – 5 p.m, weather permitting. Suggested donation $15-25.

Attendance is by RSVP only!

We will continue with masks and social distancing regardless of vaccine status. Bring your own beverages and glasses; potluck snacks are welcome but please choose something that needs little handling.

Halina has chairs for 15 people and adequate space to socially distance 30 people. If you think you will be able to attend, please contact Jim Schwartzkopff (303-329-6242venture...@gmail.com) and let him know (1) how many people you will be bringing to sit with you in your “pod,” and (2) whether you can bring your own chairs or lawn blankets, or want to use the chairs already there. Jim will give you the exact address upon reservation.

Seating is around the perimeter of the yard and there will be some room in the center (grass and flagstone) for dancing. We will play plenty of dance music (Greek and Balkan) that doesn’t require holding hands; bring scarves to maintain space between dancers for the dances that do normally involve a handhold; and of course all of our music is good for just listening!

The band will be:

Jesse Manno on bouzouki, baglama, oud, laouto, vocals, and percussion

James Hoskins on cello, gadulka, bouzouki, and vocals

Julie Lancaster on accordion, spoons, and vocals

Dexter Payne on clarinets, sax, and nay

Brett Bowen on doumbeks and tapan

So looking forward to seeing you in person!

Biz

GlendiBkyrdFlyer1.pdf