THIS FRIDAY! March 1 - Sherefe w/ special guests at Full Cycle Cafe

James Hoskins

Feb 25, 2024, 6:19:25 PMFeb 25
to Sherefe
Hi all,
We are super excited to be playing at Full Cycle Cafe/Bar this Friday - March 1

AND: our beloved bassist Paul Brown is in town and will be joining us!!
We will quite possibly also have other percussionists on hand to honor Brett by pumping up the drum energy during the show, so come with your dance shoes on!

The ticket link now reflects the $15 Advance/$20 at the Door price, and buying tickets in advance helps with staffing for the evening, and assures you a spot if (and it certainly could) it sells out.

Lots of love:

IMG_1903.jpeg

Friday March 1, Sherefe, a group of Boulder/Denver-based musicians dedicated to performing traditional music from Greece, Turkey, Egypt, and elsewhere in the Balkans and Middle East will perform a tribute concert for Brett Bowen.

Sherefe’s performances are riveting with propulsive rhythms, gorgeous melodies, and inspired improvisations. Their shows are always a treat for a diversity of dancers and listeners alike.

Jesse Manno (bouzouki, saz, oud, laouto, vocals), James Hoskins (cello, gudulka, bouzouki, zurna, vocals), Julie Lancaster (accordion, spoons, vocals), Dexter Payne(clarinet, saxophone, ney), with guest drummer David Hinojosa. AND guest bassist Paul Brown flying in from Manhattan!

Per James Hoskins, “This show at Full Cycle is dedicated to our quite-recently departed drummer Brett Bowen. He had been our main rhythm provider for the last 10 years, and will be deeply missed.”

Featuring our new Tapas menu from Chef Antonio Romo, Craft Cocktails, Beer and Wine

  • Please purchase 2 food and/or drink items per person

6:30 Seating and Dinner

7:30-10 Showtime

Advance Ticket Cover Charge $15

Door Cover Charge   $20