Festo Festo on 11/30 feat. Hal Aqua and the Lost Tribe

Jean Hertzberg

Nov 28, 2023, 12:54:42 PM11/28/23
to she...@googlegroups.com

You can dance to live music TWICE this week! Thursday at Festo Festo in Denver and Friday at BIFD in Boulder.

Dear Festo Festo family,

The next Festo Festo is this Thursday, November 30th from 7-9pm at the Mercury Cafe (2199 California Street, Denver CO 80205). Our guest band is Hal Aqua and the Lost Tribe! Buy your tickets HERE before they sell out ($5-15).

Timeline

7:00 – 7:20pm: Upsherin
7:25 pm – 8:15 pm: Hal Aqua and the Lost Tribe
8:20 pm – 8:45 pm: Gora Gora Orkestar
8:45 pm – 9:00 pm: Community Jam (JAM SHEET MUSIC AND RECORDINGS)

Festo Festo is made possible by our generous sustaining sponsors: Jane E Rosenbaum and Base Denver. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

Get your tickets now for New Year's Eve Festo Festo HERE! This event, featuring Upsherin, Gora Gora Orkestar and Planina, will likely sell out. Save $5 by buying in-advance.

What is Klezfest? Is that different from Festo Festo? On Saturday, December 23rd, the Mercury Cafe will host an exhilarating concert featuring Hal Aqua and the Lost Tribe, Rabbi Joe Black with Sandra Wong, and MishMish. That show is called Klezfest. While it is not part of Festo Festo, you can bet your tuchus that the Festo community is going to show up and get down. Get your tickets HERE. This event tends to sell out very early.

What is KlezKolorado? It is an epic, weekend-long Klezmer festival May 3-5, 2024 that centers local and national Klezmer acts, Yiddish culture, workshops, and Colorado’s Jewish community. It will highlight the burgeoning Klezmer revival in Denver, Boulder, and beyond, and create a new space for Yiddishists to gather and celebrate our culture. This queer-led and queer-focused event would like to welcome folks of all backgrounds to come and join in the fun. Learn more HERE

Gratitude: We, the organizers of Festo Festo, feel incredibly blessed to get to sing, laugh, play, dance and schmooze with you. In this time of sad and scary world news, we see Festo both as a respite from the news and as an opportunity to form the types of intercultural connections that reduce hate. Festo would not continue without this loving community. Thanks to your donations and feedback, we will be expanding the cultural breadth of our guest bands and doing more to facilitate connective conversations. Thank you for continuing to show up to make Festo possible and to make it such a joy-filled space.

Sincerely,

Eitan Kantor and Tung Pham, co-organizers