Sherefe/Glendi shows - soon!

Jean Hertzberg

Apr 20, 2022, 7:47:40 PM4/20/22
to she...@googlegroups.com

Hi folks. Several events coming up:

This Friday April 22 Sherefe and guests will be offering a tribute to Cameron Powers at Caffe Sole, from 7 to 10 pm. The BIFD Romanian Dance workshop is this weekend also. Then on Saturday May 7, we will have a special Glendi to finally celebrate the 90th birthday of Hasapiko Master Arnie Guminski, at the Avalon Ballroom, 6 pm to 9:30. Then Saturday June 4 is the official Cameron Powers memorial service; I’m sure there will be much live music there too.

A quick word about this list: a number of list members had emails turned off. If you don’t want these notices of live Balkan music in the Boulder/Denver area, please just leave the group: send an email to sherefe+u...@googlegroups.com. All posts to this list are public; you won’t be excluded from checking it on the web whenever you want: https://groups.google.com/g/sherefe. You can rejoin the group at any time at http://sherefe.org. Contact me at b...@bizhertzberg.com if you have trouble.

-Biz

And now, more info from James about this Friday’s show:

Hi all,

Friday 4/22/2022 is the return of Sherefe to Caffé Sole, for a great night in a tribute to our Longtime Loved one Cameron Powers - Founding member of the band.

Suter du Bose, owner of Caffe Sole was first welcomed to Boulder decades ago by Cam and his then wife Leda, with whom he enjoyed sharing music and fine beverages! He suggested we do this show in Cam's honor.

We will be revisiting the past gems that Cam loved so much in the Arabic and Greek - more boogie and belly dance friendly, as well as the usual line dance - musical genres.

With Jesse Manno on oud, bouzouki, laouto, vocals; James Hoskins on cello,  bouzouki, vocals; Julie Lancaster on accordion, spoons, and vocals; Brett Bowen on doumbeks, frame drums, and tupan; Dexter Payne on clarinets and saxophone.

Special guests: David Hinojosa and Gilly Gonzalez (Cameron Powers Project members) on percussion, Dave Willey (Hamster Theater, ex. Sherefe) on Accordion, Pete Jacobs (Cameron Powers Project member) on Bass, and Aaron Lande on dumbek and violin!

From Suter Du Bose:

Sherefe always has a good and lively turnout, and we don’t take reservations so come early and get a table and enjoy a great bistro dinner with excellent craft beer on tap and our international wines by the glass. Seating and dinner service begins at 6:00 and Showtime is 7:00-10:00. $15 Suggested Cover

& Regarding Air Purification:

For your comfort and safety we have engineered and installed 5 HEPA air purifiers in the cafe that will remove 99.99% of all particulates down to .1 micron, every 10 minutes, which includes all viruses, molds, dust and smoke. This will enable us to return to normal seating while maintaining a very safe environment for our patrons.

See you There! — James