BootUP! weekend - build a startup in one weekend (54 hours!)

Michelini

Aug 24, 2011, 7:23:10 AM8/24/11
to Shenzhen Startup
So much energy in Shenzhen for startups, we got STARTUP FEVER! '

For full post, see :
http://startupscn.com/2011/08/shenzhens-first-bootup-weekend-to-get-business-minds-flowing/

Startups Shenzhen + SZteam are doing another first for Shenzhen here
at Shenzhen Team. For three days, 20 eager entrepreneurs will both
learn and work on their own startups. If you are a student, designer,
developer, or just enthusiastic about starting your own company, this
is something to not miss.

We are aiming for September 2nd to the 4th....we know that is one and
a half weeks away....but so many people at Startup Tuesdays want it,
we are gonna see how many applicants we can get, we have a good amount
of support from mentors and judges and sponsors.

Here is a quick overview of what to expect:

Friday, 7pm:

Intro/Meet and Greet
Startup Lifecycle and Weekend Plans
Brainstorming and Teaming up (groups up to 3 people)
Initial Planning

Saturday, 9am:

Coffee
Business Models vs. Business Plans
Prototype, Develop, and Plan (Teams working on their startups)

Sunday, 9am:

Coffee
Continue to Prototype, Develop, and Plan

Sunday 7pm:

Team Demos
Break for Judging
Announcement of Winners

We are working on getting some sponsors for the weekend, so we can
have prizes available for the top teams. Also, we will attempt to have
a wide range of judges available for the final demos, including
investors and successful entrepreneurs.

The space will be limited to 20 participants, please fill out the form
here. Also email a...@startupscn.com with BootUP in the subject and a
short description of why you want to be part of BootUP! and what
skills and interests you might have. We will try to select a balanced
group with a range of skill sets.

If you are a student, designer, developer, or just enthusiastic about
starting your own company, this is something to not miss.

Similar events around the world have resulted in real, viable
businesses or have connected up founders that went on to make a
successful business together.

We had a discussion at the last Startup meetup, and one of the big
topics was the arrangement of the ownership of the work done during
BootUP!. The gist is, if you have a very awesome idea that you want to
have clear control of, don't do it for this event. We would prefer
that people focus on doing something interesting and go through the
process while getting to know other people and keep that killer idea
to start later once you have a better idea of who you want to partner
with.

APPLY NOW!
https://michelini.wufoo.com/code/shenzhen-bootup-weekend/

Joe Wang

Aug 24, 2011, 9:03:54 PM8/24/11
to shenzhen...@googlegroups.com
it's pity i couldn't join this time as i will be out of town.

but i sincerely wish you guys have an exciting, successfull and fruitful event!

Joe

Michelini

Aug 25, 2011, 12:11:06 AM8/25/11
to Shenzhen Startup
Well Joe, its not 100% will be the 2nd-4th - some are pushing for it
because they are so anxious

In the application form, we left the 16-18 as a 2nd possible date. So
lets see

On Aug 25, 9:03 am, Joe Wang <wangsh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> it's pity i couldn't join this time as i will be out of town.
>
> but i sincerely wish you guys have an exciting, successfull and fruitful
> event!
>
> Joe
>

> On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 7:23 PM, Michelini <michel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > So much energy in Shenzhen for startups, we got STARTUP FEVER!  '
>
> > For full post, see :
>
> >http://startupscn.com/2011/08/shenzhens-first-bootup-weekend-to-get-b...

Katherine Lau

Aug 31, 2011, 1:51:10 PM8/31/11
to shenzhen...@googlegroups.com
hi all, just opened weibo for our startupscn. The address: http://weibo.com/startupscn

olalonde

Sep 5, 2011, 5:11:14 AM9/5/11
to Shenzhen Startup
Couldn't make it unfortunately... Is there a blog post outlining the
event somewhere? I'd love to see what was built :)

On Aug 24, 7:23 pm, Michelini <michel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So much energy in Shenzhen for startups, we got STARTUP FEVER!  '
>
> For full post, see :http://startupscn.com/2011/08/shenzhens-first-bootup-weekend-to-get-b...

Ken

Sep 5, 2011, 5:17:27 AM9/5/11
to shenzhen...@googlegroups.com
agree.... would be nice if there is a blog about the last event. I hope I
can join next time..

cheers

Michelini

Sep 5, 2011, 6:32:19 AM9/5/11
to Shenzhen Startup
hey guys,

it was a GREAT success....tiring but full of passion and excitement, I
just blogged as best I could - awaiting photos from our intern Patrick
and should update more logos on the 5 startups .... had a nice panel
of 5 judges....and a large audience last night

also will cover it tomorrow at Startup Tuesday 7pm

http://startupscn.com/2011/09/full-recap-of-first-shenzhen-bootup-weekend/