2021 Meeting Dates

Teresa Gallagher

Dec 18, 2020, 11:40:46 AM12/18/20
to shelto...@googlegroups.com

Hello gang, how is everyone? I hope you all are staying safe. The City Clerk’s office requested that I send them meeting dates for 2021, which is a state requirement. These are the “regular” meetings. You can still have meetings at other times and places, but they are “special meetings” and you can’t discuss any topics that are not on the agenda. I don’t think that should be an issue. The list I sent to the Town Clerk’s office starts at the end of April because I didn’t think anyone would want to come to City Hall for a meeting before that, plus, City Hall has been closing at 4 pm. Moving forward there may be an opportunity for Zoom meetings. Conservation pushed for that option and held a Zoom meeting recently. It’s more complicated than you might think because the committee has to have a dedicated YouTube channel on which the meeting is live streamed and recorded per state law. Probably not worth it.

The big issue for the Litter Committee you might want to think about is what to do about Clean Sweep 2021. Even though a couple vaccines were approved, there’s a good chance many people will not be vaccinated by April, or at least won’t want to plan any events for April because of the uncertainty. We might consider holding Clean Sweep 2021 in late September or early October before the leaves fall.

Submitted regular meeting dates: “7:00 pm at City Hall, Room 104 on April 28, May 26, June 23, Sept 22, and October 27.  All dates are the fourth Wednesday of the month.”

Teresa Gallagher

Natural Resources Manager

City of Shelton

54 Hill Street, Shelton, CT 06484