Our 'top three' sites

Teresa Gallagher

Jun 2, 2022, 2:13:15 PM6/2/22
to shelto...@googlegroups.com

Progress on the Top Three sites:

  • Jason Perillo is looking into having DEEP/DOT clean up Indian Well Road and the associated parking areas more often. Here’s one of the hiker lots yesterday afternoon, the way a hiker sees it:   https://photos.app.goo.gl/JiWAHVP2YgefdosWA . Looked exactly the same this morning. The garbage is from the weekend, which is understandable, but it’s now Thursday and the lot still hasn’t been picked up. We need garbage cans for these lots and daily pickups by DEEP staff.

  • We have a business interested in adopted the north end of Canal Street. I want to look at who owns the neighboring properties as well and see about them taking some responsibility for the junk that is dumped on their land.

  • The city placed a garbage can under the Rt 8 bridge on Beard Sawmill. Dan Wells reported that the can was completely full after one day, and someone left paint containers next to it.

Teresa Gallagher

Natural Resources Manager

City of Shelton

54 Hill Street, Shelton, CT 06484

203-924-1555 x1315

David Edgeworth

Jun 3, 2022, 6:40:14 AM6/3/22
to shelto...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Teresa, great information and video.