Nipper Bottle Fees Revenue

Teresa Gallagher

Sep 15, 2022, 10:40:55 AM9/15/22
to shelto...@googlegroups.com

The Mayor is looking into hiring staff  to pick up litter using the funds Shelton is receiving from the Nipper surcharges. We currently have $16,739 in a Special Revenue Account, reflecting fees collected over a six-month time period, so the annual revenue is about $33,500.  I was able to provide this committee’s “top ten” list of problematic locations where this new staff might be directed (City properties only – they are unlikely to be cleaning state properties). I believe the staff would be under Parks & Rec and would require their assistance (trucks to stop traffic etc) for the more dangerous sites in order to safely pick up the street.

Regarding our next meeting (Sept. 28 at 6:30) there’s a good chance I will be out of town. If I’m not there, someone will need to take notes for the minutes. Under state law, at a minimum, the minutes must include the time the meeting starts and end, who is there, any motions that were made, and how each person voted on that motion.  I can write up the minutes and publish from notes when I return.

Teresa Gallagher

Natural Resources Manager

City of Shelton

54 Hill Street, Shelton, CT 06484