FW: Bridgeport Ave. Litter Cleanup/Foliage removal etc.

Teresa Gallagher

Jun 13, 2022, 2:35:18 PM6/13/22
to shelto...@googlegroups.com

FYI – below was sent by some of our aldermen.

_______________________

State Representative Perillo:

Bridgeport Ave. in Shelton is an important conduit to our city and a road which has seen a substantial increase in traffic and commerce.

There are some issues which we are seeking your expertise, knowledge and action on to make it a more inviting roadway.

The trash on Bridgeport Ave. has increased and is extremely unsightly.   As this is a state road it is difficult for the city of Shelton to address this matter.

We would welcome and appreciate your assistance with a request to CT DoT to schedule an immediate clean-up program (person or machine) to remove the trash and cut the high grass and foliage along the route.

We have outlined some services which hopefully CT DoT can provide us going forward to assist in correcting/eliminating the problem.

-Scheduled Bridgeport Ave. trash removal/pickup (Quarterly)

-Add Trash receptacles at Bus Stops

-Scheduled cutting of foliage on sides and at intersections for better lines of sight when entering Bpt. Ave.

-Erect No Littering Signs (with Fine information)

-Install Camera's at traffic lights to catch violators

We are also open to any other suggestions or other ways to combat this blight in the future.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or need clarification on any of the above.

Thank you service in Hartford and for your time and assistance in this matter.

Respectfully,

Anthony F. Simonetti, Alderman - 1st Ward

Eric McPherson, Alderman - 2nd Ward

John F. Anglace, Jr., Alderman - 3rd Ward

Cris Balamaci, Alderman - 3rd Ward

David Edgeworth

Jun 14, 2022, 9:49:38 AM6/14/22
to shelto...@googlegroups.com
NICE,  It will be interesting to see what the response is from Hartford