FW: Shelton Clean-up Project, Shelton Ave, June 27th 12-3PM

1 view

Teresa Gallagher

Jun 22, 2021, 11:23:57 AM6/22/21
to shelto...@googlegroups.com

Hi everyone. Some residents have organized a litter clean-up of Shelton Ave at Shelton Lakes this Sunday 12-3 if anyone is interested in helping out. There is a Facebook Group called “Shelton Clean Up Project”, which I encourage you all to join if you’re on Facebook.  Matt McGee recently became an admin and he’s the one who set up the clean-up project. I had recommend Shelton Ave/Shelton Lakes for all the reasons we chose that spot previously: Lots of litter, ample parking, wide shoulders, good sight lines, and people can clean the surrounding trails or school grounds as well as the roads.  See attached flyer.

There was also a recent issue with people putting out garbage cans along the trail heads without getting permission to do so, and naturally no one emptied the garbage cans. So the cans got overfilled and it was a mess, leading to complaints. Parks & Rec will be removing the cans.

Jun 22, 2021, 11:38:21 AM6/22/21
to shelto...@googlegroups.com
Thanks.  I will try to make it!

Sent from my iPhone