meeting 09/28

Gil

Sep 26, 2022, 8:07:41 AM9/26/22
to shelto...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,  I hope you all had a great summer vaca. With summer winding down we are getting back into the swing of things. I am reaching out to all who plan to attend this month's meeting 09/28. Please let me know if you can make it or not so I can cancel or draft an agenda.   ]

Thanks, Gil.

David Edgeworth

Sep 26, 2022, 8:22:03 AM9/26/22
to shelto...@googlegroups.com
I'll be attending,  the meetings are still at 6:30 pm?

Dave E

On Mon, Sep 26, 2022 at 8:07 AM Gil <g...@gplaser.biz> wrote:

Hi all,  I hope you all had a great summer vaca. With summer winding down we are getting back into the swing of things. I am reaching out to all who plan to attend this month's meeting 09/28. Please let me know if you can make it or not so I can cancel or draft an agenda.   ]

Thanks, Gil.

Joseph Welsh

Sep 26, 2022, 9:05:32 AM9/26/22
to shelto...@googlegroups.com
I will be there.

Sent from my iPhone

Gil

Sep 26, 2022, 9:24:39 AM9/26/22
to shelto...@googlegroups.com

Hi all, please see attached document.

September 2022 Agenda.odt

David Edgeworth

Sep 26, 2022, 10:17:33 AM9/26/22
to shelto...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Gil

On Mon, Sep 26, 2022 at 9:24 AM Gil <g...@gplaser.biz> wrote:

Hi all, please see attached document.

Matt McGee

Sep 26, 2022, 11:15:14 AM9/26/22
to shelto...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys,

I won't be able to make this meeting. My apologies!

--
Matt McGee

David Edgeworth

Sep 29, 2022, 7:09:21 AM9/29/22
to shelto...@googlegroups.com
Good Morning Litter Committee

Here are the notes from our Sept. 28th meeting:

 *** Roll call, 6:30 pm - Joe Walsh, Gill Pastor, and David Edgeworth
 *** Approval of last meeting notes - tabled until next meeting (Oct 26th)
 *** Meeting dates for 2023 - provided by Gil:
Jan 25
Feb 22
March 22
April 26
May 24
Sept 27
Oct 25
*** Planning for Fall clean-ups - suggestion to start with the Top 3 locations agreed upon during summer
      1. Indian Wells
      2. Rt 108 near Power lines
      3. Riverview Park  / River Road

***COMMENTS BY MEMBERS
We all agreed that we DO NOT want to relinquish control of the funds and the hiring to the Mayor
We want to create the Job description and Expectations surround this positions
We want to know who they report to and who controls the funds and what goals are connected to these funds
Can this job also include outreach and education surrounding litter and clean-ups?
What time frame are we talking about for a job like this?

MEETING ADJOURNED 7:00pm

Gil Pastore

Sep 29, 2022, 8:13:15 AM9/29/22
to shelto...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Dave for taking the notes.  Check out the fish ladder, google Nobleboro ME fish ladder.

Sent from my iPhone

David Edgeworth

Sep 29, 2022, 8:29:11 AM9/29/22
to shelto...@googlegroups.com
WOW, what an amazing and beautiful project they did.  Thanks for sharing

Matt McGee

Sep 29, 2022, 6:09:31 PM9/29/22
to shelto...@googlegroups.com
How many people are they planning to hire with new anti litter funds?

Gil Pastore

Sep 29, 2022, 8:00:58 PM9/29/22
to shelto...@googlegroups.com
I think one part timer. But that’s just my guess.

Sent from my iPhone

Teresa Gallagher

Oct 3, 2022, 8:54:24 AM10/3/22
to shelto...@googlegroups.com

The Mayor was talking about possibly two part time people and before I left for vacation handed me a resume of someone he was interested in and asked me to speak with them.  He said these employees would likely be reporting to Park & Rec, but that I should have the opportunity to go check what was cleanup up and make sure it was done properly. Having them report to Parks & Rec makes sense to me. Parks & Rec does already pick up litter in a number of areas, and when a dangerous street like Mill Street needs to be cleaned up, they will need a crew and truck there to do so safely.

As for the committee’s notes of not wanting to “relinquish control of the funds and hiring to the Mayor”, the Litter Committee is advisory only and doesn’t have the authority under state or local law to hire/fire personnel or have direct access to the funds coming in at this time. The Litter Committee’s roll would be advising the Mayor/BOA on how to use the funds.

Those funds are designated for “the City of Shelton” (ie the Mayor/BOA) to spend in a way that meets the state law.

Better for the Litter Committee to come up with a list of areas it would like cleaned routinely under the program. Ideally I think we should have a tracking list of each cleanup and how much was hauled away.

Oct 3, 2022, 9:45:37 AM10/3/22
to shelto...@googlegroups.com
We need to discuss this further before it is finalized, and at least come up with a job description and Expectations/ Goals/ Standards to hold these positions to and be part of the screening process if we can