FW: CT Bottle Bill Social Media Campaign (We need your help!)

Teresa Gallagher

Jun 1, 2021, 9:57:37 AM6/1/21
to shelto...@googlegroups.com

From: bottle-bill-gras...@googlegroups.com <bottle-bill-gras...@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Lou Rosado Burch
Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2021 12:00 PM
To: ham...@citizenscampaign.org
Subject: RE: CT Bottle Bill Social Media Campaign (We need your help!)

CAUTION: This email originated from outside your organization. Exercise caution when opening attachments or on clicking links from unknown senders.

Dear Friends,

We’ve been in contact with leadership in the Senate and it seems we have a number of problems with our bill- SB 1037:

  1. Senators are considering stripping out the $.10 cent deposit and putting in a trigger to raise CT’s deposit value only after NY and/or MA goes to 10 cents. This would eliminate the incentive needed to reduce litter and expand redemption access in our communities.

  1. They are now also talking about eliminating the deposit on miniature liquor nips and establishing a $.05 non-refundable tax on nips. We should be clear- a tax would do nothing to address litter from nips which plague our communities and urban centers, and it would confuse the public about how the bottle deposit works!

How You Can Help:

  • Please contact the Senate Democrats and Senate Republican offices and tell them we need a strong bottle bill with a $.10-cent deposit on juices, teas, sports drinks and liquor nips.

  • Tell them this bill would increase consumer convenience and help low-income families more than double their money by giving them hundreds of millions of new containers to recycle!

Please Call:

Please also take a second to click on our action alert and email your State Senator and State Rep TODAY. They are receiving a ton of pressure from the beer and liquor industry and urgently need to hear from you!

Finally, if you have not already done so, please like our video PSA and share with your social media followers. We are at a critical moment and need to generate as much public pressure on this issue as possible!

Thanks for all you do,

Lou

475.434.1606