Riverfront Development near Sports Center

thomas harbinson

Feb 23, 2022, 9:02:52 PM2/23/22
to Unknown
Commissioners - nothing in front of us to consider yet, but just a heads-up that there is a coming proposal for development on the Win-Nelson property near the Parkers Restaurant and Auto-Swage.  Currently an industrial property that I believe was owned by McCallum (basically the same group that owns the Shelton Canal, dam and power generation).  Jim Swift as presenter did state that the property has been purchased by the same individual who owns the Sports Center and some other nearby properties.

Interesting to listen to discussion regarding the riverfront vegetation given how the condos just up the road had vegetation removed along Rte110 on the river, much to our distaste.  Also mentioned was other riverfront residential developments nearby where the trees along the embankments have become compromised with erosion and then associations want to take them out also.

The below link drops into a time-spot on the video just about where Jim Swift shows the proposed layout of residential buildings and other structures on the parcel.

Worth a listen to understand the background of what is being formulated, and will eventually be an application to P&Z which we will eventually comment upon to P&Z.

Tom Harbinson
Tel: 203SirTomH