Roosevelt Forest trail into Shelton

Teresa Gallagher

Mar 16, 2022, 1:00:30 PM3/16/22
to Google Group (sheltoncc@googlegroups.com)

FYI,

Stratford’s Roosevelt Forest trails system was extended north into the City of Shelton to the end of Arthurs Court. I’ve attached their map, and from that map I sketched in the trail location on the NVCOG GIS map below.  Good to be aware in case something comes up with any of these properties. There is a paper street, an “owner unknown” parcel, Boy Scout, Joro Inc (builder since the 1980s, possibly leftover from a Stratford subdivision) and a couple State of Connecticut properties, which I assume are related to the construction of Rt 8. I have not actually seen this with my own eyes, but it’s on their map.

Teresa Gallagher

Natural Resources Manager

City of Shelton

54 Hill Street, Shelton, CT 06484

203-924-1555 x1315

RooseveltForest_Updated5.pdf

McCreery, Edward P.

Mar 16, 2022, 1:36:31 PM3/16/22
to shel...@googlegroups.com

Is this an opportunity to work jointly with Stratford to request a Quit Claim deed from the State of CT as surplus land – same from BSA – and then see if a member of JORO is still alive to do the same – maybe in return for forgiveness of the presumed back taxes  and in recognition it is landlocked (or hae the city foreclose on it) – and make it all officially Open Space added to the Roosevelt Forrest network, albeit with  Shelton’s borders, and defer to Stratford to extending a trail net work on it?

Edward P. McCreery, III, Esq.
Pullman & Comley LLC

203 330 2216   •  emcc...@pullcom.com

THIS MESSAGE AND ANY OF ITS ATTACHMENTS ARE INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE DESIGNATED RECIPIENT, OR THE RECIPIENT’S DESIGNEE, AND MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS CONFIDENTIAL OR PRIVILEGED. IF YOU ARE NOT THE INTENDED RECIPIENT, PLEASE (1) IMMEDIATELY NOTIFY PULLMAN & COMLEY ABOUT THE RECEIPT BY TELEPHONING (203) 330-2000; (2) DELETE ALL COPIES OF THE MESSAGE AND ANY ATTACHMENTS; AND (3) DO NOT DISSEMINATE OR MAKE ANY USE OF ANY OF THEIR CONTENTS.

Teresa G

Mar 16, 2022, 6:03:52 PM3/16/22
to Shelton Conservation Commission
Looking at Stratford's GIS map, I think those "owner unknown" parcels are part of land that extends well into Stratford, also owned by someone associated with the JORO corporation. I wonder if this corporation has any plans to develop this land or is stuck with it and would consider disposing of the property.

thomas harbinson

Mar 16, 2022, 11:22:59 PM3/16/22
to Unknown
Interesting.

Looking at Stratford GIS - who is Joseph Stupak that owns 37ac in Roosevelt Forest that is only assessed value of a little under $8k?

Attached is a feeble attempt at illustrating the area of both Shelton and Stratford GIS systems via screen shots.

Tom Harbinson
Tel: 203SirTomH

Roosevelt Forest proximity property owners.docx