Pedestrian Safety

McCreery, Edward P.

Nov 18, 2021, 5:23:41 PM11/18/21
to shel...@googlegroups.com

May we place on the agenda for the next CC meeting whether we should look into possibly requesting the state to consider introducing cross walk flashers at two state highway crossings of heavily used trails maintained by the trails committee.  I mentioned to Teresa that I saw one in operation in Maine and it worked great.  The two spots that come to my mind is the pedestrian crossing of Route 108 at the dog park and the trail crossing on Rt 110 from Nicholdale to Willis Woods.  When a pedestrian is going to cross they press the button and solar powered LED lights flash around the perimeter of the cross walk sign.  Very effective I feel but no need to debate the merits via email.  I would just like it added to the agenda.   Thanks.  EPM

Edward P. McCreery, III
Attorney

Pullman & Comley LLC
850 Main Street  P.O. Box 7006
Bridgeport, CT 06601-7006
203 330 2216  •  F 203 576 8888
emcc...@pullcom.com  •  www.pullcom.com

V-card  •  Bio  •  Directions

Pullman & Comley | 100 Years

BRIDGEPORT   HARTFORD   SPRINGFIELD   STAMFORD   WATERBURY   WESTPORT   WHITE PLAINS

THIS MESSAGE AND ANY OF ITS ATTACHMENTS ARE INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE DESIGNATED RECIPIENT, OR THE RECIPIENT’S DESIGNEE, AND MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS CONFIDENTIAL OR PRIVILEGED. IF YOU ARE NOT THE INTENDED RECIPIENT, PLEASE (1) IMMEDIATELY NOTIFY PULLMAN & COMLEY ABOUT THE RECEIPT BY TELEPHONING (203) 330-2000; (2) DELETE ALL COPIES OF THE MESSAGE AND ANY ATTACHMENTS; AND (3) DO NOT DISSEMINATE OR MAKE ANY USE OF ANY OF THEIR CONTENTS.

thomas harbinson

Nov 18, 2021, 10:13:27 PM11/18/21
to Unknown
I agree that the amount of pedestrian activity at a crossing would highlight where it should occur.  If memory serves me, there was a fatal incident at the RecPath crossing on Meadow Street a while back?  The solar powered lighting is key to have flexibility in location installation being independent from grid infrastructure.  I believe it may be a concept that would be directed toward the Police Dept Traffic Division for consideration or implementation.

Tom Harbinson
Tel: 203SirTomH

Bill Dyer

Nov 19, 2021, 7:50:39 AM11/19/21
to shel...@googlegroups.com
The is a button on both sides of Route 108 that causes all the lights to turn red and the walk lights to come on. In addition to the Nicholdale crossing of 110, the Paugussett Trail crosses 110 at Indian Well Road.

Sent from my iPhone

Teresa Gallagher

Nov 19, 2021, 8:01:42 AM11/19/21
to shel...@googlegroups.com

The Huntington Street walk as well, where the path crosses the street in two places. There are crosswalks and signage, but it’s easy to miss a pedestrian on the side of the road waiting to cross. Most cars don’t see them or stop. I look, but sometimes I don’t see them either. Especially when the vegetation gets tall and someone is dress in dark gray and standing in a shadow at the end of the crosswalk.