Long Hill Trail

Teresa Gallagher

Jun 25, 2024, 11:59:00 AMJun 25
to Google Group (sheltoncc@googlegroups.com)
Yesterday I was out at Long Hill Trail back behind Controls Drive and Old Mill Road, within sight of where we started our field walk last month. Tom was talking about a possible site visit at Long Hill Garden for the next meeting, so I took a couple videos starting from the end of Old Mill Road by Laura Well’s place so you could see how the loop trail that starts at the garden connects with Old Mill. This blazed trail is not advertised and not maintained by the Trails Committee due to parking limitations, but it is well-used by neighbors, gardeners, and employees on their lunch breaks (I trim back the trail once a year, and users pick up sticks). I did not create the access trail from Old Mill and Controls Drive, and it’s not blazed, but it’s well-used. If we meet at the garden, we could take a quick look at where the trail begins in the old pentway between two fields.

Video from Old Mill Rd to the main trail:

Part of the main trail:

Teresa Gallagher
Natural Resources Manager
City of Shelton
54 Hill Street, Shelton, CT 06484

thomas harbinson

Jun 25, 2024, 12:10:00 PMJun 25
to Unknown
Tying into that location and our prior site visit, Laura did use some of the Boulder stones to create a barrier to vehicles traveling further down Old Mill road towards the OEM control area. See the photo that she sent me.

IMG_20240625_120838.jpg

Teresa Gallagher

Jun 25, 2024, 12:17:05 PMJun 25
to shel...@googlegroups.com

Right, so those are the same boulders you see at the beginning of the first video, but from the other side.