UI Transmission Line - Derby to Ansonia

1 view

thomas harbinson

Mar 18, 2022, 5:06:47 PM3/18/22
to Unknown
Commissioners,

Although not part of their network in Shelton that Bill Dyer has been discussing with UI regarding impact on trails network, this is an adjacent portion of their network in Derby/Ansonia that is further ahead on their schedule.  Their website indicates what is typical for their projects.  This segment connects from intersection of lines near Wiacek Farm (what they call the "Derby Junction in the City of Shelton") all the way to downtown Ansonia ("Ansonia Substation") with the intermediary point of Derby near BadSons ("Indian Well Substation").

There is a fuel-cell generation facility being built adjacent to Derby's Indian Well Substation (it will be the largest fuel-cell plant in the USA when finished) and these 3 lines being installed help distribute that power to the grid.  They expect to finish this project in qtr4 of 2024!  Thus, the next line installation project which would impact our trails, likely would occur around the same time that contractors would move from one project to the next.

Tom Harbinson
Tel: 203SirTomH

Bill Dyer

Mar 19, 2022, 12:03:32 PM3/19/22
to shel...@googlegroups.com
Derby Junction is in Shelton and Indian Well (a Shelton State Park) substation is in Derby? Hmmm

From what I can tell, this transmission line does not cross any of our trails.

McCreery, Edward P.

Mar 21, 2022, 9:57:10 AM3/21/22
to shel...@googlegroups.com

Curious – are they replacing the towers too?  I thought some mention of that was made.   Sad to see how much the roof of the old Dam lock house has caved in in the cover photo.

I assume the double lines coming from the north to the “Derby Junction” must be bringing power down from the Stevenson Dam?

Edward P. McCreery, III, Esq.
Pullman & Comley LLC

203 330 2216   •  emcc...@pullcom.com

THIS MESSAGE AND ANY OF ITS ATTACHMENTS ARE INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE DESIGNATED RECIPIENT, OR THE RECIPIENT’S DESIGNEE, AND MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS CONFIDENTIAL OR PRIVILEGED. IF YOU ARE NOT THE INTENDED RECIPIENT, PLEASE (1) IMMEDIATELY NOTIFY PULLMAN & COMLEY ABOUT THE RECEIPT BY TELEPHONING (203) 330-2000; (2) DELETE ALL COPIES OF THE MESSAGE AND ANY ATTACHMENTS; AND (3) DO NOT DISSEMINATE OR MAKE ANY USE OF ANY OF THEIR CONTENTS.

Teresa Gallagher

Mar 21, 2022, 10:07:44 AM3/21/22
to shel...@googlegroups.com

I don’t know about that stretch, but along the stretch from Exit 12 to Monroe, they are replacing the existing towers with monopoles.