FW: 8-24 Referral on Wesley Drive

Teresa Gallagher

Jul 15, 2021, 2:46:22 PMJul 15
to Google Group (sheltoncc@googlegroups.com)

Please see the attached 8-24 referral request from Jack Bashar to P&Z regarding the sale of open space to a property owner on Wesley Drive. Apparently this had already been done for the three lots across the street. One of those was the house with the pool built right on the line, and the fence and playset way across the line (60 feet or something). Jack Bashar had mentioned something to me a few weeks ago after I received a heads up from John Cook. A tree cutting service had called John Cook to see if it was OK to cut trees there, and he told him it was open space. I then mentioned it to Jack Bashar and he said the city was in the process of selling land to the homeowners. That particular lot was unusual in that the house was built further back in the lot than it was supposed to due to some rock, and some of the open space behind the house was cleared and seeded by the developer, so it looked like lawn. The two neighboring houses were marginally encroaching, but it was pretty minor. This last house isn’t encroaching at all, they just want a larger yard.