Eversource Construction

Teresa Gallagher

Feb 27, 2023, 9:34:00 AM2/27/23
to shel...@googlegroups.com
FYI – Eversource was schedule to begin construction today on their Pootatuck Rebuild project, which runs through Shelton Lakes and French’s Hill.  They expect construction to run through June. I have ‘heads up’ notices plastered all over Shelton Lakes, since just about every trail there will be subject to closures (Eversource is responsible for securing their work zone as needed with signs, caution tape, spotters, etc). Their normal construction hours are Monday-Saturday 7AM – 7PM. So if anyone asks, tell them Sunday will be the best day to use the trails at Shelton Lakes this spring (French’s Hill impacts to the trails will be minor).

For the Paugussett Trail, which people from all over the state drive to in order to hike the entire trail from Buddington Road to Monroe for their CFPA trail challenge, we rerouted one section last fall away from some towers that are being replaced near Buddington. And then the trail near Independence to Constitution runs right under the powerlines and will be heavily impacted and probably impassable much of the time, so I have detour signs at either end of the construction zone directing hikers to walk along Constitution Blvd and the Rec Path to skip that work zone. CFPA was given the detour maps and they have a page they post trail notices.

French’s Hill should have much less impact except for the little red connecting spur that leads from the main trail to the meadow hilltop. I expect that the main trail will mostly remain open but hikers will need to cross a temporary Eversource access road to get to the loop part of the trail.

Teresa Gallagher
Natural Resources Manager
City of Shelton
54 Hill Street, Shelton, CT 06484