Developer application - UK

thomas harbinson

Jan 16, 2023, 9:21:17 PM1/16/23
to Unknown
Greetings everyone.

I thought you would enjoy learning how developers in the UK try to move their development applications promptly through the regulatory process by reaching out to impacted property owners in advance of making an application to the government agency.  They can explain the process thoroughly in an environment they can control with a presentation which can be honed or polished.  Then they can get input to improve the concept before it becomes a formal application, thus reducing the potential for continuation of public hearings and stretching out the approval process.

The planning engineer uses different terminology, but they face similar issues that we do - buffering between residential and other uses, retaining some open spaces to soften the development, environmental features, etc.

This is not far from where my parents grew up in Northern Ireland.  Enjoy.

Tom Harbinson
Tel: 203SirTomH

Sheryl Dutkanicz

Jan 19, 2023, 10:15:33 AM1/19/23
to shel...@googlegroups.com
Interesting!

Sheri Maybeck-Dutkanicz, PTA, CST
LSVT Clinician
Rehabilitation Associates, Inc.
City of Shelton Conservation Commissioner