Fwd: UTPMP!

Gerhard Tauscher, Shelter Cluster Coord.

Jun 10, 2010, 11:35:30 AM6/10/10
to Group

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Erika Hibon <erika...@untechoparamipais.org>
Date: Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 10:19 AM
Subject: UTPMP!
To: shelterh...@gmail.com, shelterhait...@gmail.com, shelterhait...@gmail.com, shelterhait...@gmail.com

Hello all,

We are in desperate need of help to get in touch with any organization that can help us out with very basic urban planning and habilitation of terrains in which we plan on building in the near future.  Are there any groups currently working in Haiti that have the tools to work on these kinds of things?

The lands are located in Grand Goâve and Leogane. One is thought out for 30 houses and the other for 450.

Thanks in advance,

--
"La tierra se movió para que miremos a Haití. Muévete tú!!!"

Erika Hibon
Détection et assignation
Un Techo para mi País - Haiti
Mobile: (+509) 37013423
70 Tabarre, Nº 27 Apt 1
Port au Prince, Haiti

www.untechoparamipais.org
www.facebook.com/untechoparamipais
Twitter: @UnTecho

--
Gerhard Tauscher,
Shelter Cluster Coordinator

Handicap International

Jun 10, 2010, 4:42:46 PM6/10/10
to shelterhait...@gmail.com, Group, benjamin dard, Accessibility officer

Dear Erika,

I cc Benjamin from CBM working on urban planning and accessibility; and Valérie our accessibility officer (HI) that could give you recommendations, technical support and guidelines on accessibility for all.

Thank you for your collaboration,

Armony Mangin

Liaison/protection officer - Haiti

Handicap International/ Atlas Logistique (HIAL)

+509 37 99 03 99

hial.u...@yahoo.fr

Skype: hial.urghaiti

Jun 10, 2010, 4:58:52 PM6/10/10
to hial.u...@yahoo.fr, shelterhait...@gmail.com, Group, benjamin dard, Accessibility officer
All:

Please know that USAID/OFDA is funding UN Habitat to engage with the Government on "emergency master planning" activities in PAP and other affected communities.  I also recall that UN Habitat was/is providing technical guidance to the Shelter Cluster on an "as needed" basis.  Perhaps UN Habitat could be contacted to provide support to the effort at hand.

Regards,

Charles A. Setchell
Shelter, Settlements, and Hazard Mitigation Advisor
USAID Office of US Foreign Disaster Assistance (OFDA)
1300 Pennsylvania Ave., NW, RRB, 8.06.65
Washington, DC 20523
E-M Address: cset...@usaid.gov

Information on USAID/OFDA Shelter and Settlements sector activities is available at: http://www.usaid.gov/our_work/humanitarian_assistance/disaster_assistance/sectors/shelter.html

Jun 11, 2010, 10:43:46 AM6/11/10
to Shelter Cluster Haiti 2010
Hi Erika,

The site planning unit at IOM could be able to offer the requested
support, at least for the larger of the two sites. We are currently
involved in planning and preparation works for sites both in Leogane
and Petit-Goave. Do not hesitate to get in touch to share more
details.

Best regards,
Vidar

----
Vidar Glette
IOM Site Planning
+509 34876965

On 10 Jun, 17:35, "Gerhard Tauscher, Shelter Cluster Coord."
<shelterhaiti2010coo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]

Setchell, Charles

Jun 12, 2010, 10:45:05 AM6/12/10
to hial.u...@yahoo.fr, shelterhait...@gmail.com, Group, benjamin dard, Accessibility officer
Colleagues:

I'm reminded that the original group mentioned "habilitation of terrains", which sounds like site preparation.  Could such a request be under the purview of our UNOPS engineering colleagues, who might be willing to do some basic site engineering planning??

Regards,

Chuck

From: "Setchell, Charles" <cset...@ofda.gov>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 10:45:05 -0400
Cc: benjamin dard<benjam...@hotmail.fr>; Accessibility officer<hial.access...@yahoo.com>
image001.jpg

Suranga Mallawa

Jun 12, 2010, 4:28:45 PM6/12/10
to erzulie...@gmail.com, cset...@ofda.gov, hial.u...@yahoo.fr, shelterhait...@gmail.com, Group, george...@profile-mktg-res.com, benjamin dard, Accessibility officer, ssc...@iom.int, pete...@unops.org

Dear All,

UNOPS through the CCCM cluster would be happy to provide assistance in site assessment, site planning and site design provided that we are talking here about building transitional shelters and not permanent housing.

I would suggest colleagues from Un Techo para mi País directing this request to Shaun Scales who is the focal point for Site planning in the cluster who will identify resources to be allocated to this task.

Best,

Suranga

Suranga Mallawa | Programme Coordinator | Emergency Response Unit | Haiti Operations Centre | Tel: (+509) 37 02 82 16 | skype : masuranga | www.unops.org

cid:image002.gif@01CA3877.EAE68500