xbox kinect & midi?

Nick Robinson

Jan 11, 2022, 3:04:58 PM1/11/22
to Sheffield Hackspace
I'm trying to use a kinect (without the xbox) to control ableton,. but not sure where to start - anyone able to give some pointers?

Philip Martin

Jan 12, 2022, 1:10:27 PM1/12/22
to Sheffield Hackspace
Do you mean by using guestures and whatnot?

Phil

On Tue, 11 Jan 2022 at 20:04, Nick Robinson <barm...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm trying to use a kinect (without the xbox) to control ableton,. but not sure where to start - anyone able to give some pointers?

alex kelly

Jan 12, 2022, 1:17:19 PM1/12/22
to Sheffield Hardware Hackers
Had to Google Appleton, looks alike a software to mix midi music, is that what your looking for?

To control Appleton programatically you could use https://github.com/ideoforms/pylive

Do you want to play music by movements of the body?

Philip Martin

Jan 12, 2022, 1:22:20 PM1/12/22
to Sheffield Hackspace
(On a slightly different topic there was someone at the hackspace who had designed and built a 'wand' with an accelerometer built into it. The microcontroller on board had been trained to recognise certain guestures in order to control things...)

Adrian Godwin

Jan 12, 2022, 2:37:16 PM1/12/22
to sheffield-har...@googlegroups.com
You could try Wekinator. It's a general gesture recogniser for OSC but the page at http://www.wekinator.org/ explicitly mentions Kinect & Ableton.