Possible COVID 19 exposure

James Muirhead

Nov 9, 2021, 8:01:06 AM11/9/21
to Sheffield Hackspace
Hi, everyone

A bubble member of someone at the hackspace on Monday (8th Nov), Saturday (6th Nov) & Monday (1st Nov) has tested positive for COVID 19 through a Lateral Flow Test (and going for a PCR test shortly).

So everyone who was in the Hackspace on any of these days should take a Lateral Flow Test as soon as is reasonably possible.

We will likely close the Hackspace for a few days to perform a degree of deep clean and to prevent further contamination. As a result we will probably deactivate everyone's keys temporarily. Please do not go to the Hackspace until we have further information.

As a reminder, all members who go to the Hackspace are required to let the trustees know if they have been exposed to COVID 19 or test positive. This information is held in the strictest confidence.

-OJ.

Martin Brader

Nov 9, 2021, 11:50:15 AM11/9/21
to 'davey.richard' via Sheffield Hackspace
James, thanks for the update.
I was in hackspace on Monday Nov 1st.
I have taken several Lateral flow tests since then, all were clear!
Hope everyone else is ok.
...Martin
Sent from Mailbird on my laptop

Stephen Toms

Nov 10, 2021, 5:23:55 PM11/10/21
to Sheffield Hackspace
Hi everyone,

The PCR test of the hackspace member has come back negative so we are happy for the space to open up again.

Out of an abundance of caution the space has had a wipe down and air out, and cleaning sprays are available for anyone who wants to continue to use them.

First session is 6pm tomorrow (11th). Thanks for every ones understanding during this time and we hope to see you all again soon.

Steve