Sheepdog Tip of the Day

qbz...@gmail.com

Aug 20, 2014, 6:00:06 PM8/20/14
to sheepdogt...@googlegroups.com
In a heart-pounding situation, the loss of your fine-motor control and near
vision makes it mandatory that you drill on those things that seem simple
when you are calm and collected. Lt. Col. Dave Grossman, On Combat
http://tipyomi-sender.appspot.com/showtip/Sheepdog%20Tip%20of%20the%20Day/Before%20Combat/15

qbz...@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2014, 6:00:05 PM8/21/14
to sheepdogt...@googlegroups.com
People who cannot control their voice cannot control their hands. Recognize
the fact that they will be less able to perform any task that requires fine
motor control. Lt. Col. Dave Grossman, Sheepdog Seminar for Churches
(paraphrased)
http://tipyomi-sender.appspot.com/showtip/Sheepdog%20Tip%20of%20the%20Day/During%20Combat/224

qbz...@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2014, 7:30:03 PM8/21/14
to sheepdogt...@googlegroups.com
Think you know this? Why not take a random quiz at
https://tipyomi-sender.appspot.com/quiz/Sheepdog%20Tip%20of%20the%20Day

qbz...@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2014, 6:00:05 PM8/22/14
to sheepdogt...@googlegroups.com
Bad guys like to set things on fire. It confuses people, it panics them,
and it can kill them. Coordinate with your fire department ahead of time so
when the moment comes they'll know how to help you. Lt. Col. Dave
Grossman, The Bullet Proof Mind seminar (paraphrased)
http://tipyomi-sender.appspot.com/showtip/Sheepdog%20Tip%20of%20the%20Day/Before%20Combat/77

qbz...@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2014, 6:16:44 PM8/22/14
to sheepdogt...@googlegroups.com
We do not rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of
our training! Earn certification in Lt. Col. Dave Grossman's expert combat
training through our 100% online courses. http://bit.ly/URnMAd

qbz...@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2014, 7:30:05 PM8/22/14
to sheepdogt...@googlegroups.com

qbz...@gmail.com

Aug 23, 2014, 6:00:03 PM8/23/14
to sheepdogt...@googlegroups.com
The study of killing in combat teaches us that soldiers who have had
friends or relatives injured or killed in combat are much more likely to
kill and commit war crimes. Lt. Col. Dave Grossman, On Killing
http://tipyomi-sender.appspot.com/showtip/Sheepdog%20Tip%20of%20the%20Day/During%20Combat/185

qbz...@gmail.com

Aug 23, 2014, 6:47:17 PM8/23/14
to sheepdogt...@googlegroups.com

qbz...@gmail.com

Aug 24, 2014, 6:00:06 PM8/24/14
to sheepdogt...@googlegroups.com
Drugs may help make an individual more susceptible to some forms of
therapy, if therapy is available. But if drugs are given while the stressor
is still being experienced, then they will arrest or supersede the
development of effective coping mechanisms, resulting in an increase in the
long term trauma from the stress. What happened in Vietnam is the moral
equivalent of giving a soldier a local anesthetic for a gunshot wound and
then sending him back into combat. Lt. Col. Dave Grossman, On Killing
http://tipyomi-sender.appspot.com/showtip/Sheepdog%20Tip%20of%20the%20Day/After%20Combat/143

qbz...@gmail.com

Aug 24, 2014, 7:30:02 PM8/24/14
to sheepdogt...@googlegroups.com

qbz...@gmail.com

Aug 25, 2014, 6:00:05 PM8/25/14
to sheepdogt...@googlegroups.com
If we do not have an honest hotwash (= debriefing), we risk losing the
chance to learn the lessons. In his book Inside Delta Force, Eric Haney
talks about learning how to conduct room-clearing exercises. Four men
enter the room and have to engage an unknown number of hostile targets
with cutouts of hostages mixed in. If a member of the team accidently
shot a hostage, it, "meant an immediate 'Chinese Self-Criticism Drill.'
Everything stopped, and you had to explain to the instructor and your
teammates why you shot a good guy." We have to own our mistakes if we are
going to improve. No one shows up to work thinking, "Boy, what can I screw
up today?" Christopher Brennan, The Combat Position: Achieving Firefighter
Readiness
http://tipyomi-sender.appspot.com/showtip/Sheepdog%20Tip%20of%20the%20Day/Before%20Combat/170

qbz...@gmail.com

Aug 26, 2014, 6:00:03 PM8/26/14
to sheepdogt...@googlegroups.com
In Condition Black [extreme stress and high heart are] you can run and you
can fight like a big, hairless, clawless bear, but that is about all you
are capable of doing. Your forebrain shuts down and the midbrain,
the "puppy" inside, that part that is the same as your dog's brain, reaches
up and "hijacks" the forebrain. Lt. Col. Dave Grossman, On Combat
http://tipyomi-sender.appspot.com/showtip/Sheepdog%20Tip%20of%20the%20Day/During%20Combat/0

qbz...@gmail.com

Aug 27, 2014, 6:00:04 PM8/27/14
to sheepdogt...@googlegroups.com
As emergency preparation, make sure your master keys are current in the
Knox Box. Also, have a building map available with the phone numbers and
locations of the phones in each room (in a hostage scenario, tactical teams
will need to know the extensions by room and where the phone is located
inside the room). Carl Chinn, Church Security Seminar (paraphrased)
http://tipyomi-sender.appspot.com/showtip/Sheepdog%20Tip%20of%20the%20Day/Before%20Combat/232

qbz...@gmail.com

Aug 27, 2014, 8:39:52 PM8/27/14
to sheepdogt...@googlegroups.com
A fire hose is a belt-fed, continuous-feed, crew-served weapon, available
to your right now. It can also trip booby traps for you. Lt. Col. Dave
Grossman, The Bullet Proof Mind seminar (paraphrased)
http://tipyomi-sender.appspot.com/showtip/Sheepdog%20Tip%20of%20the%20Day/During%20Combat/214

qbz...@gmail.com

Aug 27, 2014, 8:41:42 PM8/27/14
to sheepdogt...@googlegroups.com

qbz...@gmail.com

Aug 28, 2014, 6:00:07 PM8/28/14
to sheepdogt...@googlegroups.com

qbz...@gmail.com

Aug 28, 2014, 7:30:04 PM8/28/14
to sheepdogt...@googlegroups.com

qbz...@gmail.com

Aug 29, 2014, 5:31:45 PM8/29/14
to sheepdogt...@googlegroups.com
Would you know what to do today if you were confronted by an active shooter
in your school or work place? Take the Time to Mentally Prepare and Develop
a Mindset of Awareness and Survival! Try a free Demo of Grossman Academy
today! http://bit.ly/1n55HWO

qbz...@gmail.com

Aug 29, 2014, 6:00:08 PM8/29/14
to sheepdogt...@googlegroups.com
The purpose of success analysis is to put focus and attention on those
things that we already do well, and the purpose of solution analysis is to
put focus and attention on those things that we need to do well. Linda K.
Miller and Keith Cunningham, Secrets of Mental Marksmanship
http://tipyomi-sender.appspot.com/showtip/Sheepdog%20Tip%20of%20the%20Day/Before%20Combat/294