to know some details abt painting on fabrics

vanitha srinivasan

Jan 18, 2011, 10:31:42 AM1/18/11
to sheel...@googlegroups.com
hello mam,
 how r u , i am vanitha srinivasan , i would know some painting techinue mam, will u explain me mam,my question is  when v r painting on  sarees like painting a doll or figures on the pallu they give a metre background colour. i would like to know whether some kind of binder or medium is used to give shades and paint a huge area. i am eagerly waiting 4 ur reply. i will also b happy if u give me some ideas on painting.

--
yours
 vanitha

sheela Raj

Jan 18, 2011, 1:27:35 PM1/18/11
to sheel...@googlegroups.com
Hello Mrs.Vanitha,
Thank you for your mail..I really couldn't understand what a metre backgroud colour is? but when doing figures on a pallu us the acrylic paint you can dilute it a little bit because it is a fabric to give a nice dept to the painting....then paint the figure. Use as much as less paint as possible while blending your strokes on the fabric....don't use too much water (depends on the fabric).
I don't know much about indian mediums but I know camel has N0 1 medium for fabrics which gives a very neat finish for your figures but after dries you can feel the paint...
I do the free hand style paintings so do the back grounds and then do the figures..
Have fun! and good luck post your picture after you are done.

Thanks
sheelaraj

--
Keep painting! keep on painting !!
Thanks/Sheelaraj

sai krishnan namani

Jan 19, 2011, 11:35:59 AM1/19/11
to sheel...@googlegroups.com
mam...
mrs.vanitha asks in wat way can v paint the whole left out part on pallu when v r doin dols on it.....might be the same that sugesst some designs in brief....:):)
--
sai krishnan;-) smile plz.....

sai krishnan namani

Jan 19, 2011, 11:43:43 AM1/19/11
to sheel...@googlegroups.com
mam...
mrs.vanitha asks in wat way can v paint the whole left out part on pallu when v r doin dols on it.....might be the same that sugesst some designs in brief....:):)

sheela Raj

Jan 19, 2011, 6:35:06 PM1/19/11
to sheel...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I Do the free hand style so draw my figures with pencil and paint the background with some skies and trees or some kind of garden...Visit my website for some Ideas.  You can see some picutres I painted for kids t-shirts..left out area of the pallu can be filled with skies and trees and flowers..
Thanks
sheelaRaj

prasad rao

Jan 21, 2011, 1:43:33 AM1/21/11
to sheel...@googlegroups.com
helo madam ,long back i buyed dvd  from uir mom ,i learned onestroke painting rose by cing ur dvd ,i sent some pics also ,madam when ur going to teach painting birds using onestroke painting techniqs ,iam very much intrested in painting birds ,eagerly waiting for ur reply

Jan 25, 2011, 12:02:19 AM1/25/11
to sheel...@googlegroups.com
hi sheela garu,
                   what are contents of dvd ur working for?
                    when this dvd available in hyderabad and wat is price

Akhila S

Jan 26, 2011, 10:44:38 AM1/26/11
to sheel...@googlegroups.com

sheela Raj

Jan 26, 2011, 3:46:19 PM1/26/11
to sheel...@googlegroups.com
I really can't tell now...I'll try to bring when I come to India this time.
THanks
sheelaraj

Sheela Raj

May 16, 2012, 2:40:54 PM5/16/12
to sheel...@googlegroups.com
Dear Friends,
Thanks for the response, few of you have signed up for the workshop,
 to join please do call (9908000263) or email me before May 25.
Place: St. Pauls High School, Gandhi Nagar, Hyderabad
Fees:   5000Rs -3 Days
Course Dates:  From June 3rd Week to July I will be there
Course Details
--------------
At the end of the course you will learn to paint the following
        Basics of painting, Type of paints, Type of surface,
        blending, highlighting, Cleaning,
        1.  Various type of Leaves
        2.  Hydrangea, violets, curlicues
        3.  Daisies,  wisteria
        4.  chrysanthemums
        5.  Bird house
        6.  Butterflies
        7.  Bees
        8.  Birds and bird study
        9.  Apple pear and plums
        10. Straberries
        11. Rabbit
        12. projects and much more.
        Also I can show you lot of my art works.
Supplies List
-------------
First 9 items are mandatory so please buy the supplies without fail.
because I can't teach without them. 10-12 are optional.
        1. Please bring all the colors of acrylic paints
           (Red, brown, black, white, orange, pink, sap green,light green,
yellow, blue)
        2. Brushes #12, Flat brush,Script liner, Angular brush, scruffy brush
        3. Rag or towel to wipe your brushes and paint while painting
        4. Glass to hold water (Any cup to hold water)
        5. Clipper pad (Usually used for examination)
        6. Practice book(Thick sheets or Canvas sheets)
        7. Plastic plate or disposable party plate to mix your paint.
        8. Small bar of Soap to wash your brushes
        9. Basket or plastic shopping bag to put all the items together
 Optional Items (if you have them please try to bring them)
        10. Canvas or a mud pot painted in black or white
        11. Fabric towel,cloth or pillow cover
        12. Different  brushes
Note:Imported Brushes are available for sale other than that I don't
no  much about the shops and the art
materials available in India. May be try out in Koti, Abids or General
Bazaar.
Please email me if you have further questions at sheelar...@gmail.com
or call my mother 9908000263.
Also visit www.sheelaraj.com or join my blog
sheelarajpainting.blogspot.com
Regards
SheelaRaj

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 10:31 AM, vanitha srinivasan <paresri...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Keep painting! keep on painting !!
Thanks/Sheelaraj
Homepage -- www.sheelaraj.com
worksheet--http://groups.google.com/group/sheelaraj9?hl=en
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/sheelaraj9?hl=en

--
Thanks
SheelaRaj

Sheela Raj

May 22, 2012, 1:43:52 PM5/22/12
to sheel...@googlegroups.com
        1. Please bring all the colors of acrylic paints any brand is okay fevicryl or camelin

           (Red, brown, black, white, orange, pink, sap green,light green,
yellow, blue, white big bottle, black)

        2. Brushes #12, Flat brush,Script liner, Angular brush, scruffy brush
        3. Rag or towel to wipe your brushes and paint while painting
        4. Glass to hold water (Any cup to hold water)
        5. Clipper pad (Usually used for examination)
        6. Practice book(Thick sheets or Canvas sheets)
        7. Plastic plate or disposable party plate to mix your paint.
        8. Small bar of mild toilet Soap which u use at home to wash your brushes,hands

        9. Basket or plastic shopping bag to put all the items together
 Optional Items (if you have them please try to bring them)
        10. Canvas if u don't find it it is okay, or a mud pot painted in black color so that it is dry before coming to class
        11. plain Fabric towel,cloth or pillow cover to paint on
        12. Different  brushes- Along with my brushes if you have your own brushes either round or flat bring it in.

Note:Imported Brushes are available for sale other than that I don't
no  much about the shops and the art
materials available in India. May be try out in Koti, Abids or General
Bazaar.
Please email me if you have further questions at sheelar...@gmail.com
or call my mother 9908000263.
Also visit www.sheelaraj.com or join my blog
sheelarajpainting.blogspot.com
Regards
SheelaRaj

Posted by Sheela Raj at 11:53 AM 0 comments