Interested in adding Twisted and Urwid

servus

Apr 20, 2013, 12:22:01 PM4/20/13
to shedskin...@googlegroups.com
I am interested in adding Twisted and Urwid support as well as any other python module I would ever use. I am not really sure how to go about doing this and if you could point me in the right direction, I will start working on it!

Mark Dufour

Apr 28, 2013, 6:12:00 AM4/28/13
to shedskin-discuss
hiya,

On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 6:22 PM, servus <servus...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am interested in adding Twisted and Urwid support as well as any other python module I would ever use. I am not really sure how to go about doing this and if you could point me in the right direction, I will start working on it!

for a start, you probably want to read this section of the documentation:

I don't think it will make much sense to have builtin support for twisted (if that's even remotely possible) or urwid. shedskin can in many cases be combined with external libraries though by letting it generate an extension module (shedskin -e) for you, which can then be combined with arbitrary libraries in a main python program:

https://code.google.com/p/shedskin/wiki/docs#Generating_an_Extension_Module

in the shedskin example set, there are a few programs that use pygame, pygtk or even multiprocessing this way:

https://gitorious.org/shedskin/mainline/trees/master/examples

thanks,
mark.