[shdc] Oscillators

1 view

Nick Evans

Apr 25, 2010, 6:46:06 PM4/25/10
to sh...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Those of you who were at SHDC #16 (I think) may remember the stack of
audio oscillators I hooked together to make a sort of FM synthesiser.
I've finally got round to making some music complete with a video using
this set-up , have a look here :http://www.deltafamily.co.uk/?p=112 .

Also FYI the other project I was working on, the spare parts PC works
fine but I need to try and make the fans a bit quieter.

Cheers,

Nick

Paul Crouch

Apr 26, 2010, 3:30:03 PM4/26/10
to sh...@googlegroups.com
Cool Nick. I like it. Very Trance :-)

- Paul C (mobile)
Thinking up new ways to make life difficult for myself...
[http://outsider-hub.blogspot.com]

rogerbennett

Jun 18, 2010, 9:27:15 AM6/18/10
to SuperHappyDevClub

How did the Quiet PC go?

Nick Evans

Jun 18, 2010, 9:41:26 AM6/18/10
to sh...@googlegroups.com
Hi Roger,

Its not very quiet!

I put Ubuntu on it to start with but could not get the CPU fan speed to be controlled.
Gave up and tried windows 7 on it a couple of weeks ago and but still getting nowhere with the fan control.
I think the fan should be controlled by the BIOS and I suspect the BIOS may have been altered as the motherboard had been used to prototype an embedded project before I got hold of it.
So far I've not been able to find a BIOS image to download (Its a Fuzzy 945GM2 board) and VIAs BIOS utility just reports that the BIOS is up to date.

I might resort to using passive cooling etc. to get the noise down.
I also

Not really sure what I'm going to do with the PC, its really just a bunch of spare parts that I had lying around.

Cheers,

Nick
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 9.0.829 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/2945 - Release Date: 06/17/10 19:35:00