Great Internet Migratory Box of Electronics Junk

Aran

Jun 20, 2010, 3:15:57 PM6/20/10
to sh...@googlegroups.com
Hello - I got given the great Cambridge box of electronics junk back in Spring time.

I've taken out a few cool things, and have put in a few cool things. And then I forgot about it / couldn't make it to any hack-nights over the last term. And now I'm moving out of Cambridge ... in 7 days time. It'd be most awesome to transfer it to the next person. I don't have any space where I'm moving to in London, so please: anyone?

In other news - our persistence-of-vision wind turbine is complete! It is currently sitting in a lorry driving to Spain to be displayed. Will send some photos when it's up and operational. Couldn't get coherent text displayed on it unfortunately (the difference between using one array of LEDs and four arrays of LEDs reinforcing each otherwas too much for my C++ skills) so it just displays patterns now. - But next time (!)

Aran

Martin de Selincourt

Jun 20, 2010, 3:22:18 PM6/20/10
to sh...@googlegroups.com
Hey- Martin here (IIRC we went to see Mr Scruff at the Junction a while back), I just scored some electronic goodness from Freecycle which I am picking up tomorrow, so could do with some bits and pieces to play around with.  I've got plenty of storage space under my bed and will pass the box back into the wild in due course if any other SHDC'ers would like it?

- Martin

Aran

Jun 20, 2010, 6:09:36 PM6/20/10
to sh...@googlegroups.com
Done and done. Long may it bring joy to Cambridge hackers. And thanks guys for starting it going!

Aran Dasan
Churchill College, Cambridge, CB3 0DS
+44 (0) 7891701896

Conrad Braam

Jun 21, 2010, 2:06:53 AM6/21/10
to SuperHappyDevClub
I have started 2 boxes in the past, and never gotten one; BUT have a
source for a few more bits to get it up to speed. So SHDC should have
a new box soon, I've not the space or enough time to do it all justice
so I would like to pass things on.

I'd really like to get my paws on a box someday :-) he he.

www.tgimboej.org