.NET Core 1.0 (netstandard1.2)

eivin...@gmail.com

Jul 13, 2016, 5:52:54 PM7/13/16
to SharpRepository
If there's any interest in supporting modern .NET, as I suggest in issue #136, I've started a branch here: https://github.com/eloekset/SharpRepository/tree/DotNetCore

First I try to compile the core project SharpRespository.Respository for net451 and netstandard1.2 (I think they actually mean the same according to this table: https://github.com/davidfowl/NetStandard).

So far, I've replaced System.Runtime.Caching with the Caching extension library for .NET Core: https://github.com/aspnet/Caching

There's a lot of configuration related compile errors to be fixed, and some related to cryptography.

Eivind Gussiås Løkseth

Jul 31, 2016, 6:08:14 AM7/31/16
to SharpRepository

There seems to be a lot of work to be done to make SharpRepository support .NET Core - way more than I expected.

I've created a few different branches to store the work in progress, but I think it's better if I send a pull request of the manual tests branch, where we can start to see runtime how things will work running on .NET Core. If that branch is merged into a new DotNetCore branch in the official repo, it will probably be easier for the team to break the work down into several tasks.

For instance, I've managed to build an unofficial NuGet package of Should to port the unit test project to .NET Core. At the same time I'm investigating deserialization of a settings file the modern way - sharprepositorysettings.json instead of a section inside app.config. These are in fact two separate tasks that should be done in two pull requests.