Re: [neat] Sharp Neat bugs

Colin Green

Feb 14, 2016, 12:17:52 PM2/14/16
to ne...@yahoogroups.com, shar...@googlegroups.com
On 14 February 2016 at 11:55, pablo...@gmail.com [neat]
<ne...@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

> Unless it has been updated very recently, that is the one I am using.

I just wanted to check you weren't on a completely different version;
that one is very close to my current/master branch. I've started going
through these bugs and submitting fixes here:

https://github.com/colgreen/sharpneat/commits/V3

That V3 branch is no different to master at the moment, so I will be
merging those changes into master as well. If I get time I'll try and
submit the changes to the UnityNeat github too (as a pull request).

FYI there's also a bug in your version of FastRandom.NextByte() which
affects the gaussian noise generator (Ziggurat algorithm). In my
latest code FastRandom is renamed to XorShiftRandom and has been moved
into a general purpose code repository. Anyways the one line fix is
here:

https://github.com/colgreen/Redzen/commit/bca1bbb23427cb41dcf93e7f0e1c0951750769e1

There's more info on this sharpneat google group thread:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/sharpneat/NdLzr_DQ2KE

- Colin