Species List Visualization

Juan Garnier

Apr 27, 2017, 8:24:24 PM4/27/17
to SharpNEAT
Hello guys just wondering if the species list was ever implemented to later versions of SharpNeat and if it hasn't  my team and I should be able to get this information from the outputs to generate our own species list correct? Sorry pretty new to NEAT.
Sharpneat.png

Colin Green

Apr 29, 2017, 5:07:37 PM4/29/17
to SharpNEAT

On Friday, April 28, 2017 at 1:24:24 AM UTC+1, Juan Garnier wrote:
Hello guys just wondering if the species list was ever implemented to later versions of SharpNeat

No I never got around to putting that back in to the v2 code. It should be fairly straighforward to do, because there's a user control for drawing networks/genomes (used by the 'best genome' view) that can be re-used.

and if it hasn't  my team and I should be able to get this information from the outputs to generate our own species list correct?

 Take a look at how the best fitness view/window works (GenomeForm.cs); make a copy of it with a different class/file name. The species are all in NeatEvolutionAlgorithm._specieList.

Each species has a list of genomes, the first one in the list is teh fittest genome in that species; I figure that's the one you want to view of screen.

Colin

Juan Garnier

Apr 29, 2017, 5:12:13 PM4/29/17
to SharpNEAT
Collin, Thank you very much for the response we will try to recreate the species list and share it with the community if it is acceptable.