_currentGeneration in NeatEvolutionAlgorithm/AbstractGenerationalAlgorithm

Scott H.

May 13, 2012, 4:15:40 PM5/13/12
to shar...@googlegroups.com
When I start a new run of the experiment using an existing population I notice that generation numbering starts over. Is this by design? I'd like to pick up and continue where I left off (in this case, before the power failure interrupted execution).

The only place I can see it explicitly set in AbstractGenerationalAlgorithm.Initialize before it is updated in each generational run (AbstractGenerationalAlgorithm.AlgorithmThreadMethod). The Property CurrentGeneration is get only but I could create a subclass of NeatEvolutionAlgorithm and set it when I load my saved population.

Am I thinking about this incorrectly?