Network Viewer Location

Matthew Paul

Feb 14, 2014, 6:59:53 PM2/14/14
to shar...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I am working with sharpNEAT for my Undergrad Thesis and I would like to visualize the network produced. On the source forge site it talks about a Network Viewer standalone that would allow me to do so, but I cannot seem to find it.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would be grateful.

Colin Green

Feb 14, 2014, 7:48:30 PM2/14/14
to shar...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

It was part of the version 1 release but was not migrated over to the
version 2 release. I'll have a quick look to see if I can resurrect
it.

As a heads up I've just done a minor re-org of the SVN repository to
make space for a V3, so if anyone experiences SVN problems then that's
probably why.

Colin.

Matthew Paul

Feb 14, 2014, 7:56:31 PM2/14/14
to shar...@googlegroups.com
Ah, that make sense. I'll see if I can find another method of visualizing them.

Thanks for the quick reply! I'm glad that this project is still alive and kicking

Colin Green

Feb 16, 2014, 3:45:57 PM2/16/14
to shar...@googlegroups.com
On 15 February 2014 00:56, Matthew Paul <mpau...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ah, that make sense. I'll see if I can find another method of visualizing
> them.

FYI, replying here as I replied directly with an attached zip - but
not sure it's in your spam bin or not.

Colin

Matthew Paul

Feb 16, 2014, 5:14:41 PM2/16/14
to shar...@googlegroups.com
I had gotten Network Viewer. My weekend has kept me busier than I would have liked.
It had some issue with the the champion XML file that my experiment generated. I apologize if this is a simple thing, I'm very new to this SharpNEAT and ANNs in general.

I have included an example champion file if you are interested. I am looking into using some of the other viewers that are mentioned on the same page as the Network Viewer, but I haven't been able to get them working so far. I plan on continuing to do visualizations, as I would love to have them in my thesis.
rtsSharpNeat_champion.xml
Message has been deleted

Matthew Paul

Feb 23, 2014, 4:32:56 PM2/23/14
to shar...@googlegroups.com
I am continuing my search for a good network visualizer. I have tried NEVT, but can't get it to take the XML (after I translated it to what I thought was the same format. Premature end of file error).

So, if any of you have any ideas for outputting graphs or even viewing them, I would be grateful!

I have attached the original network XML along with my transformed XML, if you wanted to see.
rtsSharpNeat.xml
rtsSharpNeatTransform.xml