mystore project

Luis

Jul 6, 2014, 3:46:14 PM7/6/14
to sharp...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,
I've finished to read s#arp lite doc (really beautiful). But to better understand how it works,
someone of you has a complete mystore project who should send to me?
Thanks in advance
Luis

Billy McCafferty

Jul 7, 2014, 12:47:53 PM7/7/14
to sharp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Luis,

You can find the example projects at https://github.com/codai/Sharp-Lite/tree/master/Example

While the project hasn't been updated in a while, we - at my company - still actively use S#arp Lite, pretty much as is, for all of our new projects.  The only change is that we use Entity Framework 6 on newer projects.  (EF 6 is finally a respectable MS ORM IMO.)

Billy McCafferty

On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 10:47 AM, Billy McCafferty <bi...@emccafferty.com> wrote:
Hi Luis,

You can find the example projects at https://github.com/codai/Sharp-Lite/tree/master/Example

While the project hasn't been updated in a while, we - at my company - still actively use S#arp Lite, pretty much as is, for all of our new projects.  The only change is that we use Entity Framework 6 on newer projects.  (EF 6 is finally a respectable MS ORM IMO.)

Billy McCafferty

Luis

Gino Tarquini

Jul 15, 2014, 1:34:23 PM7/15/14
to sharp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Billy, thanks for the reply.
Just another little question for you (but big question for me).
If I have a view in which I can manage, at same time, Order and OrderLineItem (or Order,  OrderLineItem and Products) elements with one form , how I should use Task Objects and TransferFormValuesTo method to manage these objects in Task Layer?
Should I treat them as separate Task Objects (like Products and ProductsCategory that inherits from BaseEntityCudTasks) or I have to use just one Task Object?
Thank you again
Louis

Billy McCafferty

Jul 15, 2014, 1:38:57 PM7/15/14
to sharp...@googlegroups.com
Louis,

In our more recent projects, we don't use BaseEntityCudTasks at all.  Instead, we typically have dedicated task objects for each domain object; e.g., ProductTasks and ProductCategoryTasks.  We then use view-models/DTO objects extensively to act as intermediaries between the view and the tasks layer.  (We put our view-models and DTO objects in our tasks layer so that the tasks can reference them in addition to the view layer.)

With that said, if your application were very simple - e.g., a basic CRUD application like a very simple store - then using BaseEntityCudTasks should be fine.

Billy McCafferty