S#arp Architecture based e-commerce site goes live...

79 views
Skip to first unread message

Howard van Rooijen

unread,
Oct 7, 2009, 10:36:12 AM10/7/09
to sharp-arc...@googlegroups.com
Hello S#arp Architecture Community,

I just wanted to let you know that a S#arp Architecture based e-commerce site has just been released into the wild: http://www.fancydressoutfitters.co.uk

For those who are interested - here's a little background:

- We ran the project using Scrum (managing the project with Scrum for Team System)
- Delivered in 20 weeks: 10 x 2 week iterations
- We extended the core S#arp Architecture framework (support for multiple databases, ViewModels etc...)
- Integrated other OSS projects into the solution:
  - N2CMS
  - Spark View Engine
  - xVal Validation Framework
  - AutoMapper (for entity / view model mapping)
  - PostSharp (for cross cutting concerns - logging, performance counters, caching)
  - MBUnit / Gallio for our BDD Framework
  - Solr & SolrNet for Search and Faceted Navigation
- Over 700 BDD Specs
- Solution performs very well - 1000 concurrent users per web server, generating around 180 pages per second across 2x single quad core 64bit servers.

If you're really interested two of the developers in the team (James Broome & Jon George who have both posted to this forum) & myself have blogged our thoughts & experiences developing this solution and working with S#arp Architecture:

I wanted to say a HUGE thank-you to everyone in this community for all the passion, energy, knowledge and help you provide on a daily basis. 

S#arp Architecture is a wonderful framework that truly is greater than the sum of its parts.

/Howard

curlyfro

unread,
Oct 7, 2009, 11:06:14 AM10/7/09
to S#arp Architecture
cool site

On Oct 7, 10:36 am, Howard van Rooijen <howard.vanrooi...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hello S#arp Architecture Community,
> I just wanted to let you know that a S#arp Architecture
> based e-commerce site has just been released into the wild:http://www.
> fancydressoutfitters.co.uk
>
> For those who are interested - here's a little background:
>
> - We ran the project using Scrum (managing the project with Scrum for Team
> System <http://scrumforteamsystem.com>)
> - Delivered in 20 weeks: 10 x 2 week iterations
> - We extended the core S#arp Architecture framework (support for multiple
> databases, ViewModels etc...)
> - Integrated other OSS projects into the solution:
>   - N2CMS
>   - Spark View Engine
>   - xVal Validation Framework
>   - AutoMapper (for entity / view model mapping)
>   - PostSharp (for cross cutting concerns - logging, performance counters,
> caching)
>   - MBUnit / Gallio for our BDD Framework
>   - Solr & SolrNet for Search and Faceted Navigation
> - Over 700 BDD Specs
> - Solution performs very well - 1000 concurrent users per web server,
> generating around 180 pages per second across 2x single quad core 64bit
> servers.
>
> If you're really interested two of the developers in the team (James Broome
> & Jon George who have both posted to this forum) & myself have blogged our
> thoughts & experiences developing this solution and working with S#arp
> Architecture:
>
>    - ASP.NET MVC - Separation of concerns amongst team
> members<http://consultingblogs.emc.com/jamesbroome/archive/2009/08/24/asp-net...>
>    - ASP.NET MVC - Controllers + BDD = The perfect match? (Part 1: The
>    HomeController)<http://consultingblogs.emc.com/jamesbroome/archive/2009/09/16/asp-net...>
>    - ASP.NET MVC - Controllers + BDD = The perfect match? (Part 2: Log On
>    and Log Off with the
> AccountController)<http://consultingblogs.emc.com/jamesbroome/archive/2009/09/23/asp-net...>
>    - The importance of conventions – from ASP.NET MVC to a successful
>    project team<http://consultingblogs.emc.com/jamesbroome/archive/2009/10/06/the-imp...>
>    - The Value and Benefits of ASP.NET
> MVC<http://consultingblogs.emc.com/howardvanrooijen/archive/2009/09/13/th...>
>    - Optimising an ASP.NET MVC web site part 1 -
> Introduction<http://consultingblogs.emc.com/jonathangeorge/archive/2009/10/03/opti...>
>    - Optimising an ASP.NET MVC web site part 2 - Database and
> NHibernate<http://consultingblogs.emc.com/jonathangeorge/archive/2009/10/03/opti...>
>    - How to improve your YSlow score under
> IIS7<http://consultingblogs.emc.com/jonathangeorge/archive/2009/09/09/how-...>
>    - Cloaking your ASP.NET MVC Web Application on IIS
> 7<http://consultingblogs.emc.com/howardvanrooijen/archive/2009/08/25/cl...>
>    - Why BDD works for
> Agile<http://consultingblogs.emc.com/jamesbroome/archive/2008/07/22/why-bdd...>
>    - Behaviour Driven Development - not just for Acceptance
> Testing<http://consultingblogs.emc.com/jamesbroome/archive/2008/12/15/behavio...>
>    - Why I like N2
> CMS<http://consultingblogs.emc.com/jamesbroome/archive/2009/04/24/why-i-l...>
>    - Microsoft, Open Source and Codeplex
> Foundation<http://consultingblogs.emc.com/howardvanrooijen/archive/2009/09/11/mi...>

Bobby Johnson

unread,
Oct 7, 2009, 11:51:49 AM10/7/09
to sharp-arc...@googlegroups.com
excellent, I look forward to reading though the posts. Really nice site as well. I forwarded it on to my wife who is a huge halloween fan.
--
"The explanation requiring the fewest assumptions is most likely to be correct."

- Occam’s Razor
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_Razor

Billy

unread,
Oct 7, 2009, 4:12:03 PM10/7/09
to S#arp Architecture
Nice work Howard! It's great to see examples of S#arp in the wild!
I've also been working my way through your posts...great gems in
there.

Congrats on the launch!

Billy

Kyle Baley

unread,
Oct 7, 2009, 5:52:57 PM10/7/09
to sharp-arc...@googlegroups.com
Should probably add something to the website showing off this and the Lean Toolkit site.

Billy

unread,
Oct 7, 2009, 6:00:11 PM10/7/09
to S#arp Architecture
Good idea Kyle... Does anyone else have "S#arp in the Wild!" projects
they'd like to have included?

Billy


On Oct 7, 3:52 pm, Kyle Baley <k...@baley.org> wrote:
> Should probably add something to the website showing off this and the Lean
> Toolkit site.
>
> > > - Occam’s Razorhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_Razor<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam%27s_Razor>

parnar

unread,
Oct 8, 2009, 6:48:14 AM10/8/09
to S#arp Architecture

Bryan Brown

unread,
Oct 8, 2009, 1:06:54 PM10/8/09
to S#arp Architecture
Hi Guys,

http://www.fanlands.com is the first we've launched using #Arch. We
have 4 other projects in the studio right now that are at various
levels of progress that are also being built in #Arch.

So I just want to give another big thanks to everyone that has worked
on #Arch.

Bryan
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages