Tips on removing Sharp Architecture?

jordanhammond

Sep 5, 2013, 6:48:16 AM9/5/13
to sharp-arc...@googlegroups.com
I know I may be a leech in criticising without offering to help but Sharp Architecture as great as it is has been too dormant and now to out of date. So many new MVC features are 4 or 4.5 only and as my platform architecture grows I am finding I need these new features more and more.

So what to do?
- Re-compile the framework to .Net 4 myself and run with it?
- Strip it out and and convert to mvc + nhibernate + autofac
- Start fresh with something like service stack (if only there were time)
- Stop being a leech and try to contribute (again, if only there were time)

Has anyone gone about replacing Sharp before?

Craig van Nieuwkerk

Sep 5, 2013, 6:54:44 AM9/5/13
to sharp-arc...@googlegroups.com
I have managed to recompile Sharp Arch with the latest versions of MVC 4, but like you I would prefer to get rid it altogether.

Carl Bussema

Sep 5, 2013, 7:04:35 AM9/5/13
to sharp-arc...@googlegroups.com

I use sharp in my mvc 4 projects just fine personally. Maybe if there is a specific feature you need or want in sharp, you or anyone else in the community could add it.

jordanhammond

Sep 5, 2013, 7:06:51 AM9/5/13
to sharp-arc...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone managed to add http://miniprofiler.com/

I haven't yet tried myself but like what it does.

K.

Sep 20, 2013, 11:53:21 AM9/20/13
to sharp-arc...@googlegroups.com
I have managed to add mini profiler to a sharp architecture MVC project.

autonomatt

Feb 5, 2014, 7:12:31 AM2/5/14
to sharp-arc...@googlegroups.com
I'm in the same boat. My company built a large ecommerce site with SharpArch 1.9. It was great to get us bootstrapped, but I feel it's time to rip it out now.
It would be nice to get a general idea of what to look out for.

Would also like a pure MVC + NHibernate + Castle solution.

SeifAttar

Feb 5, 2014, 6:18:47 PM2/5/14
to sharp-arc...@googlegroups.com
If I was to remove the dependency from a solution that uses it, I would
start by downloading the source code of the version you are using from
https://github.com/sharparchitecture/Sharp-Architecture/tags
add the files to the solution and rip out the parts that are not needed,
making whatever changes you need to make.

Hope that helps,
Seif
signature.asc