[Fwd: Coming Soon: Amazon SimpleDB (Limited Beta)]

1 view

Andreas Kollegger

Dec 14, 2007, 11:39:06 AM12/14/07
to shared-...@googlegroups.com, more-ed...@googlegroups.com
Dear AWS Developers,

This is a short note to let a subset of our most active developers know about an upcoming limited beta of our newest web service: Amazon SimpleDB, which is a web service for running queries on structured data in real time. This service works in close conjunction with Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) and Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2), collectively providing the ability to store, process and query data sets in the cloud.

Traditionally, this type of functionality has been accomplished with a clustered relational database that requires a sizable upfront investment, brings more complexity than is typically needed, and often requires a DBA to maintain and administer. In contrast, Amazon SimpleDB is easy to use and provides the core functionality of a database - real-time lookup and simple querying of structured data - without the operational complexity.

Were excited about this upcoming service and wanted to let you know about it as soon as possible. We anticipate beginning the limited beta in the next few weeks. In the meantime, you can read more about the service, and sign up to be notified when the limited beta program opens and a spot becomes available for you. To do so, simply click the "Sign Up For This Web Service" button on the web site below and we will record your contact information.

Learn more and sign up

Sincerely,
The Amazon Web Services Team

We hope you enjoyed receiving this message. If you don't want to receive future program updates, please update your communication preferences.

Please do not reply directly to this e-mail. If you have any questions or comments regarding this notification, please contact us at webse...@amazon.com

Amazon Web Services LLC is a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc. Amazon.com, Amazon SimpleDB, Amazon Simple Storage Service, Amazon S3, Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud, and Amazon EC2 are registered trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. This message produced and distributed by Amazon Web Services, LLC, 1200 12th Ave South, Seattle, WA 98144.

Saq Imtiaz

Dec 15, 2007, 5:24:34 AM12/15/07
to more-ed...@googlegroups.com, shared-...@googlegroups.com
Looks interesting Andreas. Thanks for sharing and please do keep us informed.

Saq

On Dec 14, 2007 5:39 PM, Andreas Kollegger <and...@kollegger.name > wrote:
Yet another fun service from Amazon -- a clustered relational DB. This
could be perfect as the actual relational back-end for the MORE project
instead of MySQL.

I'm signing up to try it out.

-Andreas

--