VMware image

Andreas Kollegger

Apr 7, 2008, 8:54:43 AM4/7/08
to shared-...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

Inspired by Ed's work at building up an Ubuntu install with Shared
Records, I've packaged a distribution using the the rPath just-enough-
OS linux distribution. The first draft is available as a VMware image
from here: http://www.rpath.org/rbuilder/project/sharedrecords/builds .

Noteworthy about this approach is that the same spec used to produce
the VMware image can produce virtual machine images for other
platforms: including QEMU, Xen, and Amazon EC2. At the moment, there
are two administrator interfaces: the usual Tomcat interface at :8080,
and the rPath Appliance Agent interface at :8003. Because the image is
meant to be used as an appliance, the tomcat interface will be
deprecated in favor of a custom plugin to the rPath interface. rPath
manages system services, reboots, software updates and backups.

The initial root password is blank. The administrator credentials for
tomcat are admin/2 . For rPath use admin/password .

This distribution includes the 1.0 release of the records, tokens, and
annotations interfaces, at the usual endpoints (/records, /tokens, /
annotations).

Give it a try and let me know what you think.

Cheers,
Andreas

Andreas Kollegger

Apr 7, 2008, 8:47:46 AM4/7/08
to shared-...@googlegroups.com

Andreas Kollegger

Apr 15, 2008, 11:56:15 AM4/15/08
to shared-...@googlegroups.com
Sorry about that re-broadcast. I meant to be writing an update about a
Shared Records instance running on EC2.

Which update is coming this afternoon.

-Andreas