Machine Moves (with freezes)

Andreas Kollegger

Sep 27, 2007, 1:58:57 PM9/27/07
to tiddlyw...@googlegroups.com, shared-...@googlegroups.com, unames...@googlegroups.com, unames...@googlegroups.com
All,

The virtual machines for tiddlywiki.com, tiddlywiki.org, unamesa.org
and www.sharedrecords.org need to be moved to a new physical host. To
achieve the move, the machines will be backed-up, restored on the new
host, then the original machine will be shut-down as the new machine
powers up. The respective sites will be down for only about a minute
each during the switchover in that last step.

BUT, no changes should be made to the servers once the backups have
begun. So, I'd like to schedule a freeze of all activity for 1 hour
this weekend. I prefer an evening PST time over the weekend for the
move. Does anyone have any specific time-slot objections or suggestions?

I'll send a follow-up post with the actual scheduled time for the
freeze.

Best,
Andreas