Creating a boundary to surround the activity/study area

Anthony Aisenberg

Feb 11, 2014, 5:55:28 PM2/11/14
to shareab...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to create a shadowed boundary area to surround the area we want to accept contributions to the map.

I've noticed the recent Mapbox developments allow you to create polygons directly onto new Mapbox projects. I've created a polygon surrounding the area but it doesn't seem to carry over when I use that same map for a Shareabouts project.

Has anyone tried this or had any luck? Or is the only alternative to create a separate layer to include as an additional layer (below the base layer) in the config file?

Many thanks,
Anthony.

Frank Hebbert

Feb 11, 2014, 6:52:19 PM2/11/14
to shareab...@googlegroups.com
Sometimes Mapbox tiles can take a while to update, but we have used this method for many maps - so yes, it should work!

--
-- --
Shareabouts Developers group.

Frank Hebbert
OpenPlans | http://openplans.org | 720 432-2378 | @fkh

Anthony Aisenberg

Feb 12, 2014, 2:20:33 AM2/12/14
to shareab...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Frank, i'll try and be a little more patient.
Cheers,
AA.

Anthony Aisenberg

Mar 2, 2014, 10:48:15 PM3/2/14
to shareab...@googlegroups.com
Hi Frank,

I'm still not having much luck with making a polygon feature from mapbox appear on a Shareabouts project map.

The map style changes come across but the polygon feature never appears.

Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks for your help,
Anthony.

Frank Hebbert

Mar 3, 2014, 8:50:46 AM3/3/14
to shareab...@googlegroups.com
What is the URL to the mapbox map? Do you see the polygon when browsing the map directly using the Mapbox link?

Anthony Aisenberg

Mar 3, 2014, 7:20:35 PM3/3/14
to shareab...@googlegroups.com

Yeah, all appears correctly when using the above link.

Thanks,
AA.

Frank Hebbert

Mar 4, 2014, 9:53:03 AM3/4/14
to shareab...@googlegroups.com
Are you using that layer as the base map in shareabouts? aisey.h00hp8mh?

Anthony Aisenberg

Mar 4, 2014, 11:50:57 PM3/4/14
to shareab...@googlegroups.com
Yes, thats right Frank.